[138] Distant [RQ]

Please read the Author's Note at the end!

Prompt: Niall and Liam are always close together whenever the band creates a music video or video diary, but it changes after a huge argument, leaving the fans and the other boys to worry about them.

Requested by: SarahBroch

Niall lip syncs to Fireproof alongside the boys, their next single that the fans desperately begged to have after it first came out only a few months beforehand.

He stood close to Liam whenever he could though, earning a smile from the brunette in between takes and a wink here and there that made his cheeks heat up.

This didn't last too long as they finished the first day strong with ease, thanking the directors, producers, and others for their hard work so far on the video. Niall had to give Liam a strong hug after talking with the others, rubbing his back before noticing Cheryl coming into the studio.

He gave her a brief look of disgust before pulling away from Liam, not saying a word as he walked off, which made the taller brunette a bit confused. He turned to see Cheryl though and brought her into a hug with a smile stretching across her face.

Niall watched from afar with his arms crossed, feeling tears build up in his eyes when seeing them kiss, knowing well that they didn't have to do such a thing when no cameras were around to notice.

That's why he had rushed out of the room, past Louis and Harry who grew worried fast for their friend as they saw tears.

The two followed him into the dressing him and calmed him down by rubbing his back and shushing him kindly as he choked out sobs. He didn't want to feel this way.

Liam came in minutes after his talk with Cheryl and went over to Niall, only to be pushed away and pinned to the wall by said male. His eyes grew wide as Niall continued to let tears slip down his face, trying to wipe them away, but his hands were pinned against the wall like him.

“You know damn well that you don't have to kiss Cheryl when there are no cameras, Liam, but you insist to do it anyway when I'm around? Do you know how heartbreaking that is when we're secretly together? To watch you with her?”

Liam sighed heavily and nodded his head, still trying to get loose from Niall's grip.

“I know, Ni, but I have to do this because of management, and you know how they-”

“I don't give a fück about management, Liam! They can be fired and I wouldn't give a damn, because they control us, make us do things that we don't want! I'm sick and tired of having to deal with their bullshit, the lies that I have to go through and Cheryl who doesn't deserve to have you.”

Niall fell to his knees after letting go of the elder brunette's wrists, pushing Liam away when he tried to help him up. Louis and Harry didn't say a word as they watched, feeling awful for the Irishman.

“Love, please...-”

“No, Liam! Just get out of here before I do something I'll regret...” Liam sighed and nodded, leaving the dressing room as he began to spill a few tears.

Louis and Harry went to Niall's side and rubbed his back soothingly, doing their best to calm him down at least a little before placing him on the couch to be more comfortable. Niall didn't want any of this to happen, but he was tired of all the people who were trying to ruin him and Liam.

This argument continued to hurt them throughout the remaining week, Niall and Liam separating through the rest of the music video and video diaries that Louis and Harry insisted on making for the fans on the band's YouTube channel.