[173] X Factor [RQ]

Prompt: One of many interpretations of how Niall and Liam met with love and endearment trickled in each of their eyes.

Requested by: njhrainbow

The idea of singing became prominent in their lives at a young age. Both Niall Horan and Liam Payne found love in singing and pouring their hearts out in whatever song they sang in all situations that each of them were in without even knowing the other male.

That was until X-Factor chose them to perform and impress the judges with the abilities they have at their unique disposals. They didn't properly have their first conversation until they were up for elimination after a long period of success.

Liam bumped into Niall after pacing for a few minutes, instantly gasping and grabbing ahold of his arms with wide eyes. “I'm so sorry! I need to pay attention to my surroundings more.” He swore under his breath while sweating from the amount of stress coursing through him.

“It's alright... Hey, ya look like Justin Bieber.” Niall smiled from ear to ear, complimenting the frantic boy.

Liam frowns. “Erm... thanks... I guess?” He chuckles softly and shoves his hands within free pockets. “You look quite attractive yourself if I must say.”

Niall blushes faintly and shrugs his shoulders. “I suppose. Nobody even compliments me because of my teeth and chaotic behavior, but I appreciate your kind words. I hope it leads the both of us further into this competition.” He sighs nervously. “Oh, I'm Niall Horan.”

Liam shakes his head when earning the chance to. “Liam Payne. I think I sat with you when you were singing on those steps and on the truck? You have a really solid and soothing voice, and you know your way around a guitar, that's for sure.”

Niall bites his bottom lip, averting his eyes from Liam who couldn't stop staring and smiling at him in glee. “Th-Thanks... I've been working on my technique for both as the years have gone by, and I really love any type of guitar, really. It takes a lot of time and effort to learn all of the chords but definitely worth it.”

Liam continues to smile. “I'm sure.” He steps closer to Niall and runs his left-handed fingers through Niall's hair, enjoying the soft feel of it until they were called back onto the stage along with three other guys. This leads them to stand altogether and face the faces before their lives were changed right before their very eyes.

Before they knew it, Niall and Liam were in a studio with Zayn, Louis, and Harry during The X Factor competition. They were all still getting to know each other, especially Niall and Liam who were the closest in the group besides Harry, Zayn, and Louis who seemed to enjoy their own conversations between the three of them.

Niall and Liam also shared a bed together in their paid hotel room that held the other, three boys as well. This allowed them to become more comfortable with each other while discussing the next performances that'd lead them to the finale, hopefully.

Niall remained his bombastic, usual self even when alone with Liam who was kind and gentle with him in any type of way. Liam enjoyed his company, even gathering enough feelings for him to act on them during one of their last nights at The X Factor.

“We've known each other for a good bit now, and I feel like it's time that I tell you how crazy you've been making me.” Liam holds Niall's hands and stares deeply into his beautiful eyes. “The moment I laid eyes on you, I couldn't look away. Your beautiful smile and ever glowing personality drew me in so much that I had no choice but to dive in deeper and sink into my feelings for you. Nobody had ever made me feel this way, this type of love and affection, and I hope you feel the same type of way about me or if I'm just ranting while making a fool of myself.”

Niall laughs softly, cheeks a bright pink shade as he squeezes Liam's hand in response before pecking his lips very quickly. “I like you too, a lot. Sleeping beside you didn't help keep my feelings away because I thought you'd never have feelings for me. Nobody has ever laid their eyes on me in that type of way, so I thought about keeping my feelings for you hidden forever. Now that you admitted yours though, I can't help but act on my own and show you the truth.”

Liam sighs happily, pulling his hands away from Niall's in order to place them on the pink cheeks and pressing their lips together in a real kiss. A kiss that made their eyes fall and their hearts beat faster than ever before in front of everybody who was there as they soon watched from backstage.

Niall hid his face in embarrassment after realizing they were there, hiding behind Liam who smiled and waved at them all as they either whistled, cheered, or awed at the adorably beautiful pair.

Enough time passes to where Niall feels comfortable, even after their loss at X-Factor. They continued on with their group, One Direction, though. This kept him and Liam together and content, even when they had so many girls begging for either of them at a constant rate.

They had each other since the beginning with Niall being a clingy, sensitive and innocent ball of joy and Liam being the adorable, reliable and caring boyfriend who always made sure that Niall was okay with everything they were doing together.

Niall came first on his list of priorities because of how soft and vulnerable he was, and Liam didn't care all that much. He loved taking care of him in any situation, even when the small boy begs for food that'd be inserted into his small, petite body. He never knew how Niall could eat so much, but he never questioned it and doesn't desire to.

All he knows is that he loves Niall, no matter the "flaws" he has.

~*~

Author's Note: Cute Niam during their X Factor days, in my eyes. Hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading, and I love you all x