[168] A Little Push [RQ]

Prompt: Liam has a pair of twins that have a teacher named Niall. The two acquire feelings for each other but are too afraid to admit it. They'll need a little push to bring them together.

Requested by: onedirectionfan35

Liam leads Kaleb and Kenny down the short hall to Mr.Horan's room where they spend most of their weekdays listening to his charming, calming accent that keeps them engaged and hardworking. They adore their excitable teacher and so did Liam.

Once they enter, Niall greets them with a bright, endearing smile. He gives Liam a short nod before squatting down to the little boys' heights. "How are you two feeling today?"

"Great," they chimed at the same time before scurrying off toward the toys on the other side of Niall's classroom.

Niall chuckles and stands up fully, turning his attention towards the father of the adorable twins who wore a bright smile across his face in what seemed like pure delight.

"I wish they had their other father around, you know? After he passed, everything was a lot more difficult for the three of us." Liam sighs and rubs the back of his neck, knowing that he shouldn't have brought that up at this point. "I'm sorry for-"

"No need to apologize. I know how you feel and more about losing a parent, so it's okay to talk about such things with me. I'm always here if you need someone to discuss a sensitive topic with. You know I am. I have been here for you for months."

Liam nods, bringing him into a quick hug before pulling back with a serious look on his face. "Thank you. Please be sure that they behave and-"

"I know the drill. I always take good care of them, so there's no reason to stress about them here without your supervision."

Liam sighs and clears his throat. "My work-life mixed with my personal one has just gotten so hectic lately, to the point where I have to stay at home for work. It's my only option or else I have to pay an absurd amount for nannies and other caretakers. I couldn't think of someone who'd want to watch them for me while I work in my home office."

Niall smiles a little. "I'd be happy to."

Liam's brow rises in surprise. "Seriously? I couldn't ask you to do such a drastic and overwhelming task for me. You already have to deal with so many kids on a weekly basis. It must be exhausting, no?”

Niall laughs softly and shakes his head, warming Liam's heart in the process while he began to smile. “I don't mind children at all. Teachers who can barely handle children are the worst, but I'm different from a majority of them around here.” Liam hums, staring into his piercing blue eyes. “Babysitting for you would be a piece of cake for me since I'm already used to the little lads.”

Liam sighs in relief, already feeling a weight gliding off of his shoulders. He never thought of finding a babysitter so easily in Niall, but being grateful now is a complete understatement.

“Would you mind babysitting after school today? I've got a ton of work I need to catch up on since the little ones are always on my case whenever I'm busy.”

Niall nods with a little smile curving upon his face. “I'll be there when I'm done cleaning the room after my students leave. Until then, I hope you can survive without me watching them.”

Liam chuckles and grins brightly. “I'll do my best. See you then.” He takes his leave after giving his twins a hug and kiss goodbye, leaving the door open behind him while more kids entered.

After a few hours, the kids were allowed some playtime while Niall took this time to look at their simple pieces of work. This break gave him space and comfort to do what he needed.