[147] Blissful Marriage [RQ]

Prompt: Niall and Liam had been married for six years, still growing strong as a couple while their friends Ali and Zayn are three years in. Louis and Harry are in their fourth year, yet all have a few problems here and there. Can they be fixed?

Requested by: AliJB1996

Looking ahead, Niall didn't expect to deal with such troubles at a matured age. Liam's high working hours gave them less time together, and the Irishman's continuous studies gave the pair no time to hang out or bond like they used to.

Ali and Louis shared a very similar issue with Niall, and the same goes for Zayn and Harry with their significant others.

Everybody had issues, though.

Niall figured that he'd try and do something about the issues at hand though, already setting aside his afternoon studies to spend time with Liam and have a meaningful conversation.

Ali and Louis followed along with that idea, wanting to focus on their lovers who seemed to have been scrambling with their own jobs.

Ali had her time first when Zayn got home at around seven in the afternoon, waiting in the kitchen as she made them both a delicious dinner of pasta and garlic chicken.

He stepped into the small area and kissed the back of her neck before planting one on her lips.

"How was your day, darling?" She smiles fairly.

"It was good. I had a lot of time to think about myself and our marriage and I really believe that we should spend some more time together after all the time we haven't been." Zayn nods slightly at the idea, wrapping his arms around her waist as previous topics came back through his train of thought, almost as if they'd help him.

"I'd love to spend the rest of the night with you, darling. What did you have in mind?" Ali hums in content whilst turning off the stove, plating her and Zayn's food before looking at her lover.

"I figured we could enjoy this dinner then talk about an eventual family that we can have, amongst other things that haven't been discussed in a long while, of course." With a nod, Zayn takes his plate then leads Ali to their bedroom.

After eating their food, the pair sat across from each other on the large bed, lower lips being bitten as they figured out what to bring up.

"I think you need to at least have one day off per week, babe. Not seeing you enough has drained me emotionally and with tutoring, we never have enough time to talk. We deserve to spend enough time together even if both of us have unique duties and jobs to uphold."

Zayn takes Ali's hands with his own, squeezing them delicately until pressing his lips to soft skin that always put him at ease in any situation.

"I'll ask my boss tomorrow, love. I've been meaning to get Fridays off anyway, so hopefully, he'll allow it after the countless hours I put into my hard work." Ali nods, giving Zayn a few pecks to the lips before bringing him into a hug.

"I hope it'll work out. I can't stand not being around for you so long. I miss you so much..." Ali lets a sudden tear slip down her right cheek, catching Zayn's attention as he then kissed it away, holding her close in a gentle hold.

"I still love you just the same as when we first got married, Ali. You mean the whole entire world to me and nothing nor anybody is going to change that; I promise you this with all of my heart."

Ali looks at him lovingly, bringing the elder man into one last kiss before slipping under the sheets, pulling Zayn along with her carefully.

Meanwhile, Harry just got home at around eight that night, setting all of his belongings in the dedicated places before meeting Louis inside of their shared, large bedroom that smelled of vanilla and cinnamon mixed together.