[68] Thunderstorm [RQ]

Requested by: NamJin--

Contains: Fluff (Drabble)

Niall hated the rain and he definitely hated thunderstorms. The sound scares him and he just has a hunch that one day he'll get struck by lighting, because of his hatred for thunderstorms. He doesn't want to get hit, so he rarely ever goes outside anymore, when it's a rainy day.

However, if it were to be sunny or just a tad bit cloudy, he would go outside with Liam, his friend and boyfriend, and enjoy the day. But it is definitely not the day to do that as it is pouring and thundering hardcore outside.

Small whimpers leave the boy's parted lips and he's near to having a heart attack as the thundering becomes more loud and powerful. This is the worse thunderstorm that he has ever experienced and he is scared to death of it.

When a big, loud boom goes off only moments after a quiet one, the blonde squeaks loudly and begins whimpering in his bed. He needs his Liam, but he's most likely out working this late.

As if on cue though, Liam comes in and locks the door behind him after closing it. He quickly goes over to his shaking boyfriend and gently slips under the covers, next to him. Niall snuggles close to his warm body and starts whimpering from the loud booms and crashes from the outside world.

"Ignore the outside, Ni. It's just mother nature having a bad day and so there'll be a better tomorrow. I'm sure you're tired of hearing this every time, but it's the truth and I don't like it when you're upset." Niall smiles a bit at his lover's words, but lets out a shaky sigh in response.

"I know i-it's just hard. I've never loved loud noises and thunderstorms are combining the worst things: a loud noise and thunder. You know that I have a fear of lighting as well, Li..." Liam's smiles at his boyfriend sweetly and begins to rub his side gently, calming Niall down a bit.

"We go over these topics when thunderstorms happen to occur, love. It's totally normal and I could never love you less for disliking something so loud and dangerous." The blonde smiles happily, but he's still, very scared.

"Thank you, LiLi, but I also hate the fact that it's usually, always dark when they happen. So a burglar could come in, or even a murderer!" Liam places his free over Niall's mouth and gives him a stern look, telling him to quiet down. Niall nods.

"It's late at night, darling and I don't want to hear yelling at this hour. You know how sensitive my hearing is," Liam stated with a pout, making Niall feel bad, so the blonde kisses him all over his face.

The brunette laughs softly as Niall does this, grabbing his cheeks to stop him, before placing his lips against the blonde's soft ones. Niall hums during the kiss and calms down even more, even as the thunder continues to happen outside.

The blonde wants nothing but to hold and kiss his boyfriend to drown out the thunder from outside, the terrible weather that scares him half to death.

"Promise to never let me go?" Niall whispers into Liam's ear after the much needed kissing session. The brunette blushes and begins rubbing his lover's back soothingly, while holding him closely.

"I promise to never let you go, my love. And, if you'd like, we can kiss, cuddle and talk about our future together."

That's exactly what they did all night until they fell asleep: kissed, cuddled, and talked about what they wanted for the future. Before they finally fell asleep with smiles etched on their beautiful faces, both knowing how happy their future will be together.

A/N: A drabble one shot, yes, but I hope this is okay? I hope so, and that y'all enjoyed this!

I love you all and I have another request to do before I want them again. I appreciate the ones that I have been receiving btw. I'm glad that you trust me with writing your guy's ideas :) x