[156] Newborn [RQ]

Prompt: Niall finally gave birth to his baby girl, and Liam was more than happy to finally be a dad.

Requested by: njhrainbow

Looking down at his baby girl, Niall never expected to be I such a situation before. He watches her small fingers wrap around his index finger whilst staring blankly at him in the hospital room. She was brought into this world only ten minutes ago, and his heart already belonged to her.

Grace entered the world, being greeted by her two parents that were patiently waiting for her eventual arrival. Niall couldn't keep his attention off Grace from the moment their eyes locked, and Liam didn't blame him for a second.

Liam stood on the right side of his bed, hand resting on his husband's right thigh as he stared at him. “Never thought I'd actually be a father my entire life, with how well my parents continued to scold me for marrying you. I figured the universe wouldn't allow it.”

Niall sighs and glances over at Liam. “Who cares about them right now. We both have a steady job and now we have our baby girl here. They should be the only things that we focus on for right now, for Grace's sake.”

Liam understands, responding with a short nod that leads into a smile towards his baby girl. He plants a short kiss to her head then one to Niall's lips to calm himself down.

“I'm lucky to have you in my life, I hope you know that.” He laces one of Niall's hands with his own. “Meeting in that library couldn't have gone any better for me because I was having a horrible day then. You made me feel content and important, and I will tell you that whenever I need to feel better. I can't confess it enough.”

A smile paints itself onto Niall's face while he held Liam's hand and looked down at their daughter. Her gorgeous, blue eyes could be seen in the fluorescent lighting along with her nose that resembled Liam's. She was beautiful.

Within the next hour, Liam drove his family back home and put Grace to bed since it was late at night. He and Niall gave her a short kiss to the temple before stepping into their own bedroom across the short hall.

Niall snuggles underneath a soft blanket after putting on one of Liam's shirts and boxers. He feels Liam slip in at his side a few minutes after getting comfortable, taking a chance at cuddling into his side moments later.

Liam smiles and kisses his head whilst laying his left arm along his lover's back, hand resting on the man's ass. He squeezes it a little, earning a short groan before a gentle slap to his chest and a comedic glare that makes him laugh.

“Ah, come on... your ass is undeniably perfect. Gotta squeeze it when I can.” Liam smirks, brow raised as he gazed down at Niall right after the previous action. He couldn't help but tease his husband, even after the excruciatingly painful and long operation he went through.

“I think you should be more careful after what I just had to endure at the hospital. I'm still sore and the scar will definitely hurt for a little while.” He winces when accidentally touching his stomach against Liam's side.

Liam immediately feels bad for his actions. He lets out a short sigh to follow into a kiss on Niall's head, following up with a gentle maneuver which makes their cuddle comforting and easier to handle for Niall's situation. He always came first for Liam ever since that fateful day.

“Get some rest. I'll make some breakfast and take care of Grace, so you can sleep in a little, okay?”

Niall hums in response, eyes fluttering shut which emphasized his exhaustion and need for utter comfort.