[73] Reviews [RQ]

Requested by: dean-ne

Reviews on songs can either be good, mixed or bad. Liam has just dropped his single Strip That Down while Niall just dropped Slow Hands.

They're both totally different songs and both have gotten reviews from critics rather quickly. Most of them were harsh towards Liam's single, while everyone loved Slow Hands.

It was a laid back song and Niall's voice was just right with its raspy and deep tone; such a phenomenal song by the Irish man.

While Strip That Down didn't get very good reviews, because of the genre and how Liam's voice didn't suit the song, along with its feature singer Quavo.

The One Direction fans followed more on Niall's song, rather than Liam's, just like the critics, and Niall couldn't be more happy for himself.

Although, he is devastated for Liam, because he cares for his friend and he told him that it'd be a hit. But it was the opposite and Liam couldn't be more upset.

Liam doesn't show his sadness to the world, because now most of his fans dislike him. It's not just that either. It's how he dresses, acts and how he seems to have changed. The brunette man didn't want his first single and him entirely to be hated on, but that's what has happened.

Luckily, he still has Niall and the other lads.

Cheryl and him just broke up though, because she just released her new music and the PR ended, so now he can be free from her. He's free from the older woman and now he can be with Niall; Liam's wanted him for so so long.

So when Niall had texted him one night, he couldn't help but smile and thank god that his friend and crush was still there for him. Niall was always there for him, of course, but now that he's dealing with extreme hate, he really needs his friend.

"Niall, I really needed you..." Liam said through the phone, his breath shaky as tears continue to fall down his cheeks. "Everyone on Instagram and Twitter are giving me nothing but hate for my music and I, a-and I can't handle it..."

Niall frowns on the other side, looking through his own comments as they're nothing but loving and sweet. "Oh, Li, I'm sure something good will happen for you and your music, trust me. Maybe we can do a collab?" Liam sighs and shakes his head.

"No, that'll j-just give you hate as well and I don't want you to get heat for doing a dumb song with me..." The brunette man sniffled, wiping away his tears as Niall shuts his laptop, going over to his bed with a sigh.

"You don't know that for sure, Liam." Niall said. "Who knows, maybe it'll be a hit and we'll be on all of the billboards. You just don't know and I don't either."

Liam clenched his jaw and ran his free fingers through his greasy hair. He hasn't showered in four days and he has done nothing but cry in his bed. "Who knows... But I'm releasing that s-song with Zedd, so maybe it'll do g-good?" Niall smiled on the other side, slipping under his sheets.

"I'm sure it'll do well, LiLi. But I gotta get some rest, since I have interviews tomorrow. Talk with you soon?" Liam smiled lightly.

"Sure. L-Love you, Niall." The brunette on the other side smiled and blushed, containing his giggles to the best of his abilities.

"Love you too, LiLi. Sleep well." Niall said before Liam hung up the call, smiling to himself, because he really missed talking to Liam like this. Niall really needed him.

~*~

Weeks passed and Zedd had released his single with Liam, who was really hoping that the song would get better reviews. Sadly, the song didn't do well either.