[148] Refreshing [RQ] [!]

Prompt: Niall and Louis have been together for a while now, but someone seems to be tearing them apart, and not on purpose, for Niall can't seem to stray away from them.

Requested by: luvzquads

Getting up every morning for Niall became easier as the years went by, waking to the sound of Louis's voice in the shower or right next to him always making him smile from ear to ear.

He never failed to prosper after earning that simple kiss and time with his boyfriend who also always stood by his side whenever an issue was in his path.

Niall couldn't be thankful for anyone more than Louis, even if their other two bandmates were important to him as well.

He didn't take care to notice Liam as much, for the elder brunette had his own battles and issues that could eventually get solved with wiser solutions.

That's what Niall thought though, only noticing the good side to Liam's life whenever had the chance to, but Liam dealt with more than just day to day, short problems that were easily solved within minutes.

The Englishman watched over Niall and Louis's relationship in jealousy, wishing he could the Irishman for his own, but he and Louis were the happiest when together, so he didn't want to ruin that in the slightest.

He kept everything on the down low as a result, staying quiet around the pair whenever the group spent time together, keeping his distance and made little eye contact.

It eventually got to the point where Niall did notice one day and stormed into Liam's hotel room one night, leaving Louis after one of their date nights that had lasted a few hours.

"I know I should've knocked and I know this all so sudden, but why are you ignoring Lou and I, Liam? Whenever we're sat together or even rehearsing you're always far away and never give us the time of day; I'm concerned."

Liam can take in the genuine tone of Niall's voice before setting down his book and looking up into the blue eyes that always made his stomach bubble in the best way.

"Niall, I... There's a lot you don't know about when it comes to how I'm feeling or what I desire lately. We haven't properly hung out since the beginning of our career and that's because you've always spent time with Louis ever since Zayn left the group. It's been the worst thing for me because I care about you the most wh-when it comes to everyone, and you just ignore me to be with the one who you chose to be yours... It sucks, you know?"

Niall sighs and sits down next to Liam, realizing the truth behind his words with ease and feeling quite guilty for it.

"I didn't know that Li, I'm sorry... Louis and I have just grown a lot closer for multiple reasons and we just clicked one night. But I know that we had a deep bond that I just forgot about without realizing it; I apologize for that." Liam forces a small smile but wished for more from the Irishman.

"It's okay, I guess... Just promise me that we can hang out more... I've missed making you smile and showing how much you mean to m-me..." Niall coos at the elder brunette, patting him gently as he smiles effortlessly.

"I missed our friendship as a whole if I'm being honest and actually thinking about it all. You've given me a lot of confidence, hope, and courage as the years went by, more than anybody else... yet, I haven't thanked you." Liam blushes and shakes his head, teeth showing with his fresh smile.

"You don't need to thank me for that, Ni. I just wanted to make sure that you'll be ready for the future because of all the hate you were getting back then. None of us deserved any bit that we got, but especially you, I thought. You were vulnerable back then and seeing you c-cry always made me so pissed off..." Niall pouts and brings Liam into a hug, rubbing his back gently to calm him down from almost spilling tears.