[106] Play Harder

Prompt: Niall is a professional golfer who knows of the "wannabe popstar" Liam Payne. He knows of Liam's solid voice, but his music isn't all that great, in the Irishman's opinion. But what happens when the so-called pop star swings a few balls with the Irishman?

Dedicated To: KissingWhiteLies

Niall tightened his glove that was on his left hand, getting ready for a few practice hits before he went out to play genuine matches with other professionals the next day. He was more than prepared, but a little extra help wouldn't hurt him one bit.

He always wanted to be one step ahead of the rest of the people who were competing, which was why he always came out winning every single first place trophy. The man doesn't care to brag, but he does it ever so carefully that it actually doesn't bother anyone one bit. It inspires the people instead to become better players and athletes in whatever sport they play.

He lined up his many shots with ease though, playing at one of the common stations where people play to just practice and learn how to hit the ball. Niall swung hard and proudly with each stroke, smiling at himself while a select few that admired him watched him with delight cooing at each hit that was made so perfectly.

It went on for a while before someone new came into the secluded part of the building, wearing sunglasses with his tattoos shown epically as he made his way to the spot next to Niall's. The Irishman knew exactly who the mysterious person was and rolled his eyes, hoping that Liam Payne, the wannabe pop star, didn't recognize him at least a tiny bit. But he did.

“Niall Horan. I expected to meet someone so brilliant with the white balls here, and I'm definitely honored to be swinging by your side.” The Irishman chuckled at his words, crossing his own arms while he stared deeply into Liam's eyes that were then shown clearly.The

“I'm going to take that as you being sarcastic, and I feel the exact same way about you, wannabe.” Liam was the one to chuckle next, clenching his jaw as he stepped up to the slightly shorter male, catching the attention of everyone that was there with them.

“A wannabe doesn't sell out arenas and stadiums after taking a break from their band, sweetie. So maybe you should get your facts straight before thinking that you're better than me.” Niall smiled confidently at Liam's words, not afraid to get a little closer as his father brought him out of his shell in so many ways.

“I'm sure you don't make over ten million dollars every year, Payne. Come to think of it, don't you only make around one million per year,” Liam clenched his jaw again as he glared at the golfer angrily.

“That's what I thought, princess, but if you'd like some help with the balls, then I would be happy to assist you, since you need some, anyway.” Niall then turned and walked back to his position, not realizing that Liam was staring at his bum when he had walked off not even seconds after.

Liam couldn't help but admit how attracted he was to the Irishman golfer, wanting to show him that he actually adored his plays and success, but Niall had to be his cocky and adorable self, ruining the Englishman's chance of doing what he actually wanted to do. He'd have to earn the serious player's trust.

So the pair did play together, Niall laughing and smiling here and there while trying his best to handle the elder celebrity to the best of his abilities. It's not like he hated the pop star, but Liam's actions seemed dull, and the genre doesn't fit well with his voice like how it did when he was in the band with his friends.

That was Niall's view on the Englishman, and he eventually brought that up to Liam when it was just the two of them alone under the moonlight. The other groups of people had left to do their own actions, also deciding that it would be best to leave the two alone.