[86] It's Not The Same [RQ]

Prompt: Liam and his little boy and girl had lost the other father, the grief hurting them differently. But Niall comes into their life, and Liam isn't sure if he wants to move on. It's all for the children though, after all.

Requested by: SarahBroch

Liam had felt torn, broken, shaken up at the fact that his lover lost his life in a devastating plane crash, losing the one man that meant so much to him and their two children.

It happened months before his move, but he still hadn't had the chance to move on from the one person who gave him their loving kids and the genuine love that felt so real. Liam surely missed the man, but he knew that his lover would want him to move on, even if he didn't really want to do so.

He made his way to the nearby mall with his kids though, the sun shining bright as the heat was more pleasant than devastating. The English man smiled at the people who would give him one in the first place, petting the puppies and dogs that would come by with his kids, and even treat his son, Jay, and daughter, Camille, to sweets and toys.

Liam made sure that his kids were as happy as they could be, excluding himself from that joyous feeling, because he couldn't be happy again after that horrid day. No one could compare to the beauty or charisma that his deceased lover had. It'd be really difficult to find someone who was just as perfect.

But the little family found a shop that had puppies in baby cribs, some acting excited and some portraying a more sad feeling. After all, they wanted a family to be apart of and have the genuine love they deserved.

Liam let his children look at the puppies, Jay being 6 and Camille being 5, as he looked through his phone for the many suggested options for men nearby. A dating app was the only way for him to find a guy without becoming uncomfortable or uneasy.

As he looked through the men on his screen, someone accidentally bumped into him, causing him to jump as the frailer man gasped in shock.

“O-Oh god, I'm so sorry, sir!” The shorter brunette apologized fast, earning a small smile from Liam as he looked at him with a raised brow. This other brunette was adorable, even gorgeous in his eyes, and he couldn't help but lay a hand on his arm.

“No need to apologize, love. Where were you coming from? I'm Liam, by the way.” The Irish young man blushed, rubbing his other arm as Liam's hand sent shivers up his spine.

“I-I'm, Niall... I was just at the arcade for way too long, and I needed a stress reliever, so puppies were the way to go to make me calm down and make me happy.” Liam nodded, his small smile fading only a little bit, Camille and Jay coming his way without him noticing.

Niall looked down at the children and his heart began beating faster, realizing easily that they were Liam's children. The taller brunette seemed older than him, Niall only being twenty four, but the Irishman didn't mind as he was excited over the children.

He even had a huge smile to show his excitement over the children that tugged on their father's skinny jeans with pouts. Liam blushed from his son and daughter's reaction to the puppies, not sure if Niall would like kids, but he obviously did by that smile.

“Camille, Jay, please say hello to this sweet man for me,” the single father asked after calming them down. The pair turned to Niall and smiled up at him, shaking his hand at different points with their own little hands.

After their short interaction, Niall showed them his favorite puppy that he had wanted for a few weeks, but didn't have the money or time to take care of him at his own leisure. Liam smiled fully at the three, Niall acting just as sweet as his deceased husband.