[76] Prom? [RQ]

Requested by: SarahBroch

Prompt: Liam has been meaning to ask Niall to the prom. They aren't dating, but Liam wants to make Niall's prom perfect. How will the night go for them?

Liam taps his mechanical pencil onto the dark wood table repeatedly, heart racing fast as he continuously looks at the wall clock. He's waiting for next period to come, because he has something important to announce with the people in that class.

He's been meaning to propose Niall, his crush for the past year, a question of up most importance: to ask Niall to go to the prom with him. It's a special night after all.

Liam had been waiting for it each and every day, thinking of how to ask the blonde as he caught glimpses of him. Today though, he knew what to do, and already asked the students in the lunch period to help, a few not knowing what'll happen.

Once the bell rings, he'll walk with the blonde boy to lunch, getting a few smiles from him and an adorable blush as always. It was obvious that Niall liked him back, but the boy was scared of acting too weird.

Liam was a jock after all and Niall was the shy, smart kid who had a good chunk of friends and a good social status, but still. He didn't want to make Liam lose his cool.

Which is why he barely uttered words to Liam, only blushing and giggling at the handsome brunette who lit up his world like nobody else could. No one else could.

But when the time did come for lunch, Liam quickly got out of his seat and nearly ran to the cafeteria, a smile etching onto his face as everyone smiled at him. This was the big day and everyone knew about it, because of the principal being Liam's mom.

She gathered all of the students in a secret assembly while Liam tutored Niall during that time; it also included the future events that the student council was planning.

Once the brunette boy made it to the cafeteria, he looked around like a hawk, eyes trailing the top of everyone's head until he spotted Niall's fading blonde hair. Liam couldn't help but smile as he patted Louis' back, his friend who will get everyone's attention.

So as Liam stepped up to Niall from the other side of the cafeteria, Louis got on top of the table he was eating at with a smile.

"Everyone! Please keep quiet! The event for today is happening now, so please focus on Liam Payne and Niall Horan!" Louis said after receiving a microphone from the janitor. It was connected to the speakers.

Niall frowned at his name, turning around as he ate to see Liam walking up to him with a huge smile on his face, cheeks beginning to heat up while Niall smiled.

"Liam? What's going on..." The younger boy trailed off, still smiling as Liam kneeled down on one knee, heart beating crazily. This was the moment Liam's been waiting for, and secretly, the moment Niall has.

"I'm here to ask you, in front of everyone in this lunchroom, if you'd like to go to the spring prom with me?" Liam asked, slowly taking Niall's hands in his carefully. The blonde can't help but giggle, blush and tear up, because he thought this would never happen — never in a million years.

The faded blonde nodded, "yes... Of course I'll go with you!" Niall answered cheerfully, causing everyone to cheek, whistle and coo at the two boys. As this happened, Liam picked Niall up and swung him around, smiling so big with a beating heart filled with love for the little blondie in his arms.

Liam pressed many kisses to Niall's face as Niall giggled, his arm wrapped around the brunette's neck as he smiled just as big.

He was so happy that Liam had asked him and not someone else; Liam was the perfect choice after all and Niall finally got him.