[82] Too Much To Ask [RQ]

Requested by: ambivertbee

Song & The Artist: Too Much To Ask by Niall Horan

Prompt: Liam parted from Niall after a small predicament, which Liam started. Niall wants Liam back, but is it too much to ask for Liam's love back two years later?

Niall sat at his desk in his bedroom, typing away at his newest poem on his laptop. It was, again, about Liam and their amazing relationship years ago.

The fact that it was so perfect only made Niall cry more and more each time, knowing that it was partially his fault that the older man had left him in the dust. He was doing fine though, financially, very well, but mentally, not at all.

Liam had broken him and vice versa, but it was mostly the older one's fault in the matter. He had lied to Niall about his drinking problem, but the younger one of the pair was clueless of it. He would always come home to Liam being fast asleep, but the remains of beer bottles were slim to none, which was more than confusing in Niall's case.

The younger brunette only figured it out when he finally caught Liam in the act of downing a large bottle of hard liquor, noticing how different and scary he was at that point. It could've lead to something worse, but Niall had to let him go and let him determine how he wanted to live from then on.

That was two years prior to the day of Niall being a successful musician and poetry author. The two careers are what defined the young man as a person, showing how sensitive and powerful his works could make him out to be.

People cry, people smile, but best of all, they feel his true emotions deep down inside. They understand what he's feeling and that's what has made him into the character he had turned out to be. A truly special character that people should pay attention to.

Niall got up to make himself some dinner after finishing another one of his poetry entries and posting it, running a hand over his face once he made it into his kitchen. He had lived in the house even when Liam was there with him, and he didn't want to leave until it felt right to him.

He didn't know when it would, but Niall would always come back to the home that him and Liam lived together in.

His feelings would never fade for Liam, even if he tried his hardest, but he also knew that the older brunette would never come back to him. Knowing that, he'd always have a broken piece of his heart that resembled Liam and the love that they had.

The doorbell rang after Niall had made his delicious sandwich, a small groan leaving his thin lips as he made his way towards the front door. Once he made it to said door, he opened it and was met with Louis, his best friend, standing there.

He let the smaller lad in while seeing a car with bright headlights go past, the same headlights on Liam's car. Niall shook his head though, closing the door without noticing the car stopping.

Louis was already making tea while Niall ate his made sandwich, his focus glued on the floor, because he always had to have talks with Louis, mentioning how he was feeling.

It was important, but they would always result in arguments and a lot of anger. It was something that Niall didn't enjoy in the slightest, but he was determined to the end things without a single bit of anger.

"You know how badly I've been suffering without Liam, Lou, and the fact that we continue to have these arguments doesn't help me either," Niall said before a long sigh slipped past his thin lips. Louis leaned against the wall, staring at the Irishman with a slight frown as he thought about Liam.