TNG. Data - "Is there a particular reason as to why you are wearing my shirt?"

You'd been woken up early when Data was called to the bridge for a quick briefing. He's apologized before leaving, and you tried to go back to sleep but couldn't without him there. So, to make up for his absence in the bed, you had changed into one of his shirts so his scent was surrounding you.

You felt a dip in the bed and were pulled from your dreams.

"I am back," Data said quietly when he saw you waking up. "I apologize for leaving so abruptly."

You opened your eyes and smiled when you made eye contact. "It's okay. I understand that other people need you, too."

He smiled slightly then his eyes went to your torso. His eyebrows furrowed. "Is there a particular reason as to why you are wearing my shirt?"

You looked down at yourself and smiled. "Oh, right. It helped me sleep."

He frowned. "I hardly understand how an item of clothing assisted you in finding slumber."

You laughed softly. "You weren't here to cuddle me, so I had to improvise. Your shirt smells like you."

"Interesting. Would you prefer it if I lay back down and held you again?"

You smiled at him and pulled the blankets aside. "Yes, please."

Data lay down next to you and wrapped his arms around your torso. You snuggled against his side and rested your head on his chest.

"Go back to sleep," he said softly, rubbing your back.

You smiled and shut your eyes, putting your arm around his stomach in a loose hug. "With you here, I'll have no problem doing that."