Ent. Malcolm Reed - "You're in love with them."

Malcolm stared at you from across the messhall, watching as you bit your lip and read your book with your coffee steaming on the table before you.

Trip sat next to Malcolm, smirking at him. "What're you thinking about?"

"Hm?" Malcolm frowned, quickly averting his eyes from you.

Trip raised his eyebrows as he smiled. "You looked lost in thought. Either that, or you're making googly eyes at Y/N. Y'know, it's funny this is like the hundredth time I've caught you staring at them. I know you're friends, but jeez, y'never look at me that way."

Malcolm coughed and sipped his tea, saying nothing.

"Oh my god," Trip said. "You're in love with them!"

"Would you keep your voice down?" Malcom hissed, his cheeks turning pink.

Trip grinned. "Have you told them?"

"No," he replied. "I can't. Y/N doesn't see me that way. I don't think."

Trip clapped him on the shoulder. "Go tell 'em how ya feel. If you don't, I will."

That made Malcom glare at him, hard. Trip simply laughed.

"I can't tell them," Malcolm said sternly. "If I do, it'll ruin our friendship."

"And if you don't, that's all that will ever happen between you two. A friendship. Don't you want someone more?" Trip urged, nudging Malcom several times in the side with his elbow. "I know ya do. Y'want 'em."

By now, Malcolm's cheeks were bright red. He frowned. "Fine. Fine, I'll try to bring up the topic only if you stop pestering me about it."

Trip grinned, clearly satisfied with himself. "Go ahead, then."

Malcolm sighed and slowly made his way to you, trying to think of what to say when he reaches you.

You spotted him and smiled. "Hey. What's up?"

He swallowed. "Um. Is uh, is this seat taken? I ... I have something to tell you."