Ent. Jonathan Archer - Nightmares

You rolled onto your side to face Jon in his bed when you noticed how warm he was. You felt heat radiating off of his sweaty body and frowned. Your first thought was that he was getting sick and had a fever, then you saw his eyes moving quickly beneath his eyelids

"Jon," you whispered, touching his shoulder lightly.

He didn't wake, though he started breathing heavily.

"Jon," you repeated, this time louder. "Jon, wake up."

John made a soft noise, almost like a whimper and your heart broke. He sounded so lost and helpless.

"Jon." You shook him, not caring if it was rough.

He jolted awake, going into a seated position. His chest raised and fell quickly and his eyes were wide.

You sat slowly. "It's okay. It was just a dream."

Jon looked at you worriedly, eyes darting around your body to take in your entire appearance. "Are you okay?"

You frowned. "I was just about to ask you the same question. I'm fine. Are you okay?"

He nodded slightly. "I am now. I... I dreamt that you were injured, and bleeding badly." He looked down to his hands, and you noticed they were shaking. "There was so much blood... I couldn't stop the bleeding."

"Hey, hey, it's okay. I'm fine." You rubbed his shoulder gently.

Jon shook his head. "I couldn't save you, Y/N. I tried ... I-I tried so hard."

You gave his shoulder a squeeze. "Shh. It's okay. I'm fine, you're fine, everything's fine. I'm alive and well."

Jon rubbed at his face. "Sorry. It's just a bit traumatizing seeing your loved one die. I'm a bit torn up."

You wrapped your arm around his shoulders and leaned your head down. "I know, Jon. But it's okay. I'm fine. Nothing's happened to me. I don't plan on dying any time soon, either, so you don't have to worry."

Jon smiled ever so slightly and reached up to hold your hand. "I'm sorry if I woke you."

"Don't apologize. I don't mind being woken up as long as you're the one waking me." You kissed his cheek softly.

"Would you... would you mind being the big spoon while we go back to sleep?" he asked sheepishly.

You smiled and nodded. "Of course I don't mind."