Voy. B'Elanna Torres - You're Best Friends

A/N: I'll try to post an imagine from each series over the next few days. Please vote and comment if you enjoy them! xx

You sat across from your best friend in the mess hall, setting your tray of food—or what Neelix called food—down in front of you. "Hey, B."

B'Elanna looked up from her PADD and smiled. "Hey, Y/N." She spotted your tray and wrinkled her nose. "I see you're eating Neelix's stir-fry surprise."

"Sadly," you said with a sigh. "I'm saving my replicator rations for our girls night tonight."

"You mean us having dinner then going to the holodeck for rock-climbing?" she asked with a grin. "Doesn't seem like your traditional girls night, does it?"

You shrugged and tested the food in front of you. It wasn't bad ... but, it wasn't good, either. You frowned and you swallowed it. "I guess not. But hey, it's a night for us girls, so that makes it a girl's night for me."

B'Elanna smiled. You loved being so close with her. Few people got to see that side of her—the fun and quirky girl who was a really good friend once you got to know her. Truth be told, she was one of the best friends you've had. Always willing to stick up for you, always there to yell at someone for you, always ready to help you with tasks, always being a shoulder to cry on when things got tough, and always ready for an exciting holodeck adventure.

"How're you and Tom doing?" you asked, forcing another forkful of food into your mouth.

"Oh, you know," she mumbled, picking up her mug of steaming coffee, "same old, same old."

You nodded. "You guys are cute together, though. Even though you argue a lot."

B'Elanna's lips twitched into a tiny smile. "You think?"

"Definitely. He makes you really happy and smiley. You always laugh more when you're around him. Which is good, because laughter is a good cure for that Klingon temper of yours."

She laughed softly. "Yeah, I suppose you're right."

You grinned at her and took another bite of the food. You groaned quietly and pushed the tray away as you swallowed.

"That bad?" B'Elanna asked, already knowing your answer.

"The flavour isn't that bad," you told her truthfully. "Tastes kind of like a curried chicken. But the texture is just awful. Slimy and mushy."

She wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Sounds awful."

You nodded and sighed. "Oh well. I have to be back on duty soon, anyway."

"I should probably get going, too." B'Elanna drank the rest of her coffee. "But I'll see you later."

You shot her a smile as you stood. "Meet me at my quarters at 1900 hours."

"Can't wait," she drawled, the corners of her lips curled up in a small smile.

As you walked away, you looked over your shoulder and said, "Oh, and B'Elanna?"

She looked to you with an eyebrow raised in question.

"Don't forget your rock-climbing gear."