Ent. Malcolm Reed - "Go then, leave!"

"Y/N, for the last time, can you please not leave your clothes all around my room?" Malcolm asked, exasperated.

You looked up from your PADD and frowned. "Your room? Last time I checked, we shared this room. Unless you forgot us fighting the captain to let us move in together."

"No," he said, "I haven't forgotten. It's just that I'm not used to calling it our room. Though, I would really appreciate it if you could keep our roomclean."

You raised your eyebrows. "It's just a few shirts, Malcolm. It's not a big deal."

"Well it is to me," he snapped. "I like my room to be tidy. All I ask is that you put your clothes away."

"If it bothers you so much, you clean it," you shot back, growing annoyed.

He rolled his eyes. "I shouldn't have to. It's your mess."

"Yes, but it doesn't bother me."

"If I had known living with you would be so messy I—" He trailed off, stopping himself from saying something he regretted.

"You what?" you challenged, putting your PADD down and standing. "You wouldn't have asked? You would have kicked me out the minute I moved in? Is that what you want? Do you want me to leave? Because I can move back in with my old roommate."

"Go then, leave! See if I care!" Malcolm shouted, startling you. "At least I won't have to trip over your crap all the time."

Your mouth hung open for a few moments. You clenched your jaw and turned to the door. "Fine. I'll be back later to get my things."

As you tried to leave, Malcolm grabbed your arm. "Wait, Y/N, I didn't mean it. I'm so sorry. Wait."

You pulled your arm from his hold and turned on him. "Oh, so now you're sorry?"

Malcolm's shoulders slumped. "I'm sorry. I've never gotten this serious with anyone before... It scares me."

"You think it doesn't scare me, too?" you asked, sighing. "Malcolm, being scared is no reason to say those things."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Did you mean them?" you asked, afraid to know the answer.

He shook his head quickly. "No. I'm sorry. I've been so stressed and on edge lately. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I don't want you to move out. I want to live with you, Y/N. I want you to stay. I can learn to live with a little mess if it means keeping you around."

A smile formed on your face. "I guess it wouldn't kill me to tidy up my clutter now and then."

Malcolm smiled and took your hands in his. "So, we're good?"

You nodded slowly. "Yeah, we're good."