Voy. Harry Kim - You're Tom's Sister

A/N: @evening_starz requested this. For those who don't follow me and haven't seen my latest announcement: requests are now closed. I have nearly 50 of them and I have very little time to write during the semester.

"You can do this, babe," Harry said softly as the two of you walked down the corridor towards your brother's quarters.

You frowned. "What if he gets mad? What if he doesn't want to be your friend anymore?"

"That won't happen," Harry assured you, placing his hand onto the small of your back gently. "We can wait longer if you want to. I don't mind."

You shook your head. "No, we should tell him. I hate having to sneak around behind Tom's back all the time. He's my brother and your best friend. He deserves to know."

Harry nodded. "If you're sure..."

You glanced at him and smiled. "I'm sure."

You reached Tom's quarters and took in a deep breath before pressing the doorbell.

"It's open!" Tom's voice rang out behind the door.

You opened the door and stepped inside. Tom was sitting on his couch reading over a PADD.

"Hey Y/N," Tom said cheerfully. He put the PADD down onto the coffee table and and then in a confused tone said, "And Harry... What brings you both to my quarters? Is this an intervention?"

You smiled slightly. "No. We just uh, we want to talk to you about something."

Tom's brow furrowed. "All right. Have a seat. Make yourselves comfortable."

You and Harry sat on either side of Tom and Tom laughed nervously. "You sure this isn't an intervention?"

"No," Harry said with a laugh. "And this isn't anything bad. At least, we don't think it is."

Tom raised his eyebrows. "Okay, what's up?"

"Tom," you said, "Harry and I both really love you and we don't want to ever put you into an awkward situation. And we didn't really expect this to happen, it just kind of did, but—"

"Is this about the two of you dating?" Tom asked, glancing from you to Harry without a sign of surprise on his face.

Harry's mouth fell open. "Y-you know?"

Tom smirked. "Of course I know. You're my best friend and Y/N's my little sister. I'd be a terrible brother and friend if I didn't notice something like this."

"What ticked you off?" you asked, unsure of how Tom was feeling about you and Harry dating. He didn't seem mad, so that was a good thing.

"I first noticed the way you two were looking at each other when you thought no one was watching. Gross, by the way. Then I saw how much happier you both got when the other entered the room. And you both ask about the other constantly. It really wasn't that hard to figure out."

You let out a short laugh. "I thought we were being subtle."

Tom shrugged. "I just keep a close eye on those I care about. I don't think many other people know."

"B'Elanna knows, doesn't she?" Harry asked.

"Well I had to tell someone. I was dying keeping it to myself," Tom said.

"So... you're not mad?" you asked softly.

Tom looked at you and smiled. "No. I'll admit, it was a little weird to think about, but if you're both happy then I don't see a problem with it."

Harry exhaled slowly and then chuckled. "Well that's a relief."

Tom looked at him then, a more serious expression on his face. "Look, Harry, you're my best friend, but if you hurt Y/N or break up with her, I'm one hundred percent siding with her."

Harry put his hands up in defense. "I totally get that, but I will never hurt Y/N, I swear. And I don't plan on breaking up with her, either."

Tom's serious expression left, and he smiled. "Good. Then date away. But can I make a request?"

You and Harry both nodded, and you already had an idea of what said request was going to be.

"Just... don't make out or anything near me. I'm fine with hand-holding and light kisses, but..."

You laughed. "We'll do our best."