Ent. Jonathan Archer - "For some reason, I'm attracted to you."

Jon walked into the cave on the alien planet, covered in dirt and mud. You looked up from the firewood and burst into a fit of giggles.

He shot you a glare. "Don't."

You covered your mouth with your hand, trying to control your laughter. "What the hell happened?"

He sat next to you with a sigh. "I was trying to get to the cave again when some primate stole my communicator. I had to chase it, but ended up falling into a small mud pit."

You laughed again.

Despite the situation, Jon smiled as your laughter echoed through the cave.

"Aw, poor baby," you cooed, grinning as you wiped some mud off of his cheek.

He rolled his eyes. "Unfortunately, I couldn't find a pond or anything to wash off in. So, you're stuck with me like this."

You shrugged, shifting closer. You used your thumb to wipe dirt off his mouth. "It's fine."

"Too bad we can't cuddle while I'm dirty."

You snorted in laughter. "We do that all the time back on Enterprise."

Jon chuckled, shaking his head.

"Besides," you drawled, hovering your lips over his, "for some reason, I'm attracted to you, mud or not."

He smiled, looking down at your lips before flicking his gaze to your eyes. "Yeah? So, does that mean I can kiss you right now? Because you being so close is starting to drive me crazy."

You smirked. "Go ahead, Jon, kiss me."

He put his hand on your cheek—surely leaving a muddy handprint—and connected his lips to yours. In that moment, you didn't care about getting dirty and muddy from his touch. All you wanted was to be with him, to feel him with you, and to kiss him. So, you did just that.