Ent. Malcolm Reed - "It's my fault."

You quickly rounded the corner of the corridor, head down and eyes focussed on your PADD. You let out a startled yelp when your body collided with someone else's. The other person grunted, and you looked up to be met with the eyes of Malcolm Reed.

"Lieutenant," you forced out, "I'm so sorry."

"As am I," he replied, looking you over. "Are you all right?"

You nodded quickly. "Yes, I'm okay. I'm sorry, it's my fault."

Malcolm shook his head. "No, it's not."

"Yes it is. I wasn't looking where I was going, and I was in a hurry..."

"It's okay, Y/L/N. No harm done. We were both not paying attention fully."

You pressed your lips together and nodded slightly.

Malcolm cleared his throat. "Where were you headed in such a hurry?"

You raised your PADD and sighed. "T'Pol wanted my analysis of the probe's readings. I'm just rereading it for about the tenth time to make sure it's okay."

He smiled slightly. "I'm sure it's just fine."

"You're probably right, I just don't want to disappoint her."

"You? Disappoint anyone? Impossible."

A smile spread across your face and you looked down. "Well, thank you, Lieutenant."

"Please, call me Malcolm."

You dipped your head. "Well, I better get going... Don't want to keep the commander waiting."

Malcolm nodded and stepped aside to allow you to pass.

Just as you were walking away, Malcolm said, "Would you like to have dinner with me later?"

You glanced back at him and smiled. "That'd be great. I'm off at 0600."

"Meet me in the mess hall at 0630?"

"It's a date."