Disco. Michael Burnham - "That was hot."

You stepped into the gym onboard Discovery, and found Michael beating the life out of the punching bag. You had a feeling you'd find her here, what after the long and frustrating week she had. You smiled sympathetically and quietly stood off to the side, making sure not to disturb her as she let her frustrations out on the sand-filled sack.

Her skill and technique was impressive, though you weren't exactly staring at her to admire her skill. You watched as her muscles moved with each blow; as the sweat glistened on her skin.

After a few minutes of Michael hitting the bag in silence, she let out a scream of anger and kicked the bag so hard it nearly fell off its holder.

"Not gonna lie," you said slowly, trying not to startle her, "that was hot."

Michael looked over at you, catching her breath. "How long have you been standing there?"

"A couple minutes," you admitted. "I didn't want to interrupt."

She nodded and went over to the chair that had her towel and water bottle sitting on it. After taking a drink, she dabbed the cloth at her neck and looked at you. "Did you need something?" she asked, not unkindly.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing," you told her, walking towards her. "I know it's been a long week."

She pressed her lips together and sighed. "You could say that."

"You know I'm here if you want to talk about anything."

Michael nodded and smiled slightly. "I know, thank you. Honestly, I'm not in the mood to talk about it right now, but when I am I'll come to you. I'm okay, though."

You nodded, giving her a comforting smile.

"Thank you for checking on me," she said after a few moments. "I appreciate that."

"Michael, you're my girlfriend, of course I'll come and check on you."

She smiled. "Still... thank you."

"What do you say we go take a shower together, grab something to eat, and then spend the rest of the evening in my quarters, hm?"

Michael nodded, taking your hand in hers. "That sounds great."