AOS/TOS. Jim Kirk - "If I didn't know any better..."

A/N: Thank you to everyone who has been leaving likes on my writing lately. I really appreciate it! I have tons more to post on here, so keep your eyes peeled for more.

Jim leaned his shoulder against the frame of the doorway to your quarters. "So, are we still on for tonight?"

You sighed as you continued to fold your clothes. "Jim, I told you ten times; I have a shift until 0200 hours."

"And I told you, I changed the duty roster. You're free tonight." He smiled and stepped into your quarters, letting the door shut. "We're having dinner in my quarters. Alone."

You raised your eyebrows. "Is that an order, Captain?"

"If it has to be. And please, call me Jim."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were trying to seduce me."

Jim's eyes glinted with mischievous. "Oh really?"

You nodded, placing a folded shirt into the drawer. "You've been asking me to have dinner with you for the past three days; asking at least five times a day. Practically begging me to eat with you. Looking at me like you're mentally undressing me."

"Am I really that easy to read?" he asked, smirking.

"Somewhat," you replied with a shrug. "I'm only noticing because you've been practically harassing me for weeks."

"It isn't harassment," Jim said quickly. "You egg me on all the time. You laugh at my jokes, smile and blush at my comments...and you haven't called security on me."

You tilted your head to the side and pretended to think about that. "Hm. I suppose I enjoy it."

"So...?"

"So what?"

"You know what."

You smiled. "I want to hear you say it again."

Jim laughed, eyes crinkling. "I've only asked you at least a hundred times. You want me to ask again?"

You nodded.

"Fine. Y/N, will you please have dinner with me?"

"And what is this dinner going to be? Just a captain with his fellow officer?" you mused.

"No. It'll be a date. And a pretty damn good one, too."

You smiled, cheeks heating up. You looked down at your clothing pile and picked up another shirt. "Well, Jim, looks like you have yourself a date."