Ent. Jonathan Archer - "I'm not leaving you."

"Jon," you whined, watching as he rummaged through his pack. You'd been shot by an alien arrow which had apparently been poisoned. Jon had stopped the bleeding, though the poison was in your bloodstream, making you delirious.

"Shh." Jon crouched beside you, dabbing a cloth onto your forehead. "It'll be okay. Enterprise is on their way, okay? You just have to hold on a little longer."

"Hold on to what?" you asked, the pain subsiding.

Jon didn't answer. He inspected your wound, frowning. "You're going to be okay."

You hummed, shutting your eyes.

"No," Jon snapped, causing you to open your eyes quickly. "You need to stay awake, Y/N."

"I am awake."

"Keep your eyes open. Can you do that for me?"

You shrugged. "I guess. Can you cuddle with me?"

"Not now," he said gently. "I need to go to the stream nearby and get some water. You're burning up—"

"Go then, leave!" you exclaimed, pouting. "See if I care!"

Jon stifled a sigh, knowing it was the poison making you on edge. "I'm not leaving you, Y/N. I'll be right back, okay? I just need to get you water so your fever can go down."

You held onto his wrist. "I don't want you to leave. I want you to cuddle me."

"I will," he promised. "After we get your fever down, okay? I'll only be gone for a few minutes."

Your pout grew bigger but you leg go of him. "Promise you'll come back?"

He nodded, pressing his lips to your forehead. "Only if you promise to stay awake and keep your eyes open."

You nodded slightly. "I promise."