Disco. Ash Tyler - "I need you."

When Ash called you in the middle of the night, you knew something was wrong. You brought your communicator into the bathroom, careful not to wake your roommate, and answered: "Ash?"

"Y/N," he said, sounding relieved. "I... I know it's late..."

"It's okay," you told him quickly. "What's wrong?"

"I need you," he admitted, taking in a slow breath. He sounded as though he'd been crying.

You frowned and nodded, even though he couldn't see you. "Yeah, okay, of course. I'll be there in a minute, okay?"

"Thank you."

You grabbed a sweater and pulled it over your pyjama shirt before leaving your quarters. When you reached Ash's, you let yourself in. "Ash?"

"In here," he called.

You followed his voice to the bedroom and your heart broke at what you saw. Ash was sitting in bed, knees drawn to his chest. His skin was damp, hair sticking to his forehead and neck. His eyes were wide, whites turned pink.

"Oh, Ash," you mumbled. "I'm going to grab a damp cloth, okay?"

He looked up briefly and nodded.

You went to his bathroom and quickly dampened a face cloth before returning to the bedroom. You sat next to him on the bed and slowly dabbed the cloth on his face. "Nightmare?"

He nodded silently, staring ahead at the wall.

"Can't Doctor Culber give you anything to help you sleep?" you asked softly, moving the cloth to his neck. He titled his head slightly, and you knew the cold cloth felt good on his skin.

Ash nodded again, then quietly spoke: "He's been trying different medicines."

You sighed and put the cloth down. "Can I hold you?"

"Please." Ash met your gaze and in that moment, you didn't see the chief of security. Nor did you see your boyfriend, the one who always makes you laugh. In that moment, you saw a frightened and traumatized man. Your heart shattered, and you wrapped your arms around him. You slowly lowered the both of you down onto your backs. Ash moved closer to you. He put his head on your chest and wrapped an arm around your waist. You rubbed his back with one hand while running your fingers through his hair with the other.

"It's okay," you whispered. "You're okay. You're safe."

Ash shut his eyes and focused on your heartbeat, the one sound that would help his mind settle.