TNG. Worf - "You did this for me?"

You stepped into Worf's quarters after he said for you to enter and your eyes widened at the sight before you. The Lieutenant had set up his table with flowers in the middle, a lit candle to the side, and a steaming dinner on each plate. When he asked you to go to his quarters after your shift, you figured he wanted to hook up. Being Klingon meant that he wasn't all that in to typical relationship things, and mostly wanted the intimacy part of it. You never imagined him doing this for you, even though you two had been dating for quite some time. Worf met your gaze, a smile forming on his face.

"You did this for me?" you asked, shocked. You moved closer to him, feeling your heart swell with joy. "I didn't think Klingons were very romantic."

"We can be," he told you softly. "If we find the right person. However, the Klingon definition of romance is... different than humans'. We wouldn't normally do this sort of thing. But you deserve it."

You smiled widely and took Worf's hands in yours, moving yourself so close you were nearly leaning against his chest. "Thank you so much, Worf. You didn't have to do this..."

"I wanted to. You have been very stressed lately. And I know how humans enjoy romantic dinners with their partners." He gave your hands a squeeze. "I wanted to... test out human romance and see how you liked it."

You leaned up and kissed him softly. "I love it. I can't believe you did this for me. Thank you so much."

He nodded. "I figured if I'm going to be with a human, I should start to try human customs. I've never been with a human before, so I know it might sometimes be difficult to be with me, when you crave romance, and I don't know how to provide it."

You stopped him from speaking more by kissing the corner of his lips. "Worf, you provide me with lots of romance. You may not realize it, but it's not always big gestures like flowers and dinner. Sometimes it's the way you look and smile at me in the halls, or the way you get nervous and anxious when I'm injured. Sometimes it's the way your hands are gentle against my body even though I know how strong you can be if you let yourself. And, sometimes it's just spending the evening with each other, doing whatever the hell we want."

Worf smiled and nodded slightly. "I guess I did not realize that. I still have some things to learn about human romance."

You grinned at him and leaned your head against his broad chest. "I'm happy to teach you."