Voy. Seven of Nine - Exploring

A/N: Nonbinary or female reader

"Is this seat taken?" Seven asked, approaching the table you were sitting at in the messhall.

You looked up at her and smiled. "No, please," you said, gesturing to the chair across from you.

Seven sat, a mug in her hands.

"What're you drinking?" you asked.

"Water, approximately four degrees Celsius," she replied.

You smiled slightly, not surprised in the slightest that she was drinking plain, simple, cold water. "How's your day going?"

"It has been productive," she said. Her eyebrow quirked slightly. "And yours?"

You nodded. "Pretty good, relatively productive."

"I have been reading more classic Earth literature," Seven said. "I find it odd that a lot of it involves a relationship between a man and woman."

You nodded again. "Yeah, it was considered normal for a lot of our history. There's lots of literature with couples who aren't heterosexual. Or there's literature without romance at all. I could help you find some if you want."

"I would appreciate that. I have been is wanting to read a story where the lead female character is in a relationship with someone who does not identify as a man."

Your stomach fluttered. "Oh yeah?"

"Yes. The Doctor has been encouraging me to explore my sexuality more and learn more about sexuality," she told you. "I have found that I find women and those who identify as nonbinary to be more appealing than men."

You grinned and raised your cup. "Cheers to that."

Seven's brow furrowed slightly, but she tapped her cup against yours. "Particularly you."

You coughed on your drink. "Me?" you asked, voice an octave higher.

"Yes. Your physique is most attractive and I admire your work ethic," she said. "Would you like to explore my sexuality with me?"

Your cheeks started to heat up and you cleared your throat. "Seven, I'm flattered..." You bit your lip as you smiled. "How about we start with dinner and see where things go from there?"

"Dinner?" Seven asked. "As in a date?"

"Yeah, let's try going on a date."

Seven thought about it for a moment, then dipped her head in a slight not. "A date with you sounds acceptable."