TNG. You Tell Tasha and Deanna About Your Feelings For Data

As Deanna poured the wine into three glasses, Tasha looked at you with a broad smile. "So, what did you want to talk to us about?"

You bit your lip. "Um, well, there's something I've been meaning to tell you guys."

Deanna smiled softly. "I can sense that it isn't anything bad, but you're still nervous to tell us."

You laughed lightly. "Never try to hide anything from an empath."

She handed you a glass of wine. "There's no need to be nervous, Y/N. We're your friends. You can tell us anything."

"Okay," you said, glancing at Tasha. "Please don't be mad."

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Why would I be mad?"

"I like Data," you rushed out, looking down at your glass.

Deanna smiled. "That's wonderful."

"It is?" you asked.

She nodded and sipped her wine. "It's about time you found someone. You've been complaining about being single for ages."

You smiled sheepishly. "Yeah, I guess."

"Why would I be mad?" Tasha asked again.

You met her gaze. "I know you two...have history from when you were delirious from that weird virus."

She smiled, shaking her head. "Y/N, I'm over it. It was a one-time thing. I don't have romantic feelings for him anymore, just that of friendship."

"Oh." You bit your lip, trying to hide the smile that was forming. "What should I do, now?"

"Tell him how you feel," Deanna suggested.

"But, he doesn't like me that way. He doesn't like anyone that way." You frowned. "Why did I have to fall for the one member of the crew who doesn't have feelings?"

Tasha snorted back a light laugh. "When he and I...were together, it certainly felt like he had feelings. I think he has them just doesn't realize it. He definitely cares for you, Y/N. Anyone can tell by the way he acts around you. Always so protective near you."

You blushed. "Really?"

Deanna put her hand on your knee and smiled. "I may not be able to sense what he's feeling, but I do know that Tasha's right. I can tell how much he cares for you just by looking at him. You should tell him how you feel, and what you want out of a relationship with him. Since he doesn't have experience with it, you'll have to tell him what it's like."

"But," Tasha added, "I bet he'd love to learn what relationships are like if he learned from you."