Ent. Trip Tucker - Sleepless Nights

You shifted your weight from foot to foot as you waited for Trip to answer his door. You knew he was asleep; it was nearly two in the morning.

After a few minutes of waiting and ringing the chime again, the door finally opened. Trip looked at you with tired, half-open eyes. His hair was a mess and his clothes were wrinkled. He squinted slightly, then his expression became concerned. "Y/N? What're y'doin' here?"

"Can I come in?" you asked sheepishly. "I couldn't sleep."

A smile spread across his face and he nodded, standing aside to let you enter.

"I'm sorry for waking you," you mumbled as you stepped in, the door shutting behind you.

"Nah, don't be sorry." Trip went to his bed and sat on the edge, patting the spot next to him. "I always love visits from you. Even if it's the middle of the night."

You took a seat next to him and smiled softly. "So, you don't mind if I stay until our shifts tomorrow?"

He shook his head, wrapping his arm around your shoulders. "Mind? Why would I mind my favourite person spendin' the night with me?"

You shrugged. Trip swung his legs around and lay down, pulling you with him. You curled up against him, draping your arm across his torso and letting your head fall onto his shoulder. He rubbed your shoulder softly as he pulled the blankets over you two.

"So," he said after a few silent moments. "Why can't ya sleep?"

"I don't know," you admitted. "I guess I'm just stressed from working so much."

"I can talk to the cap'n for ya, ask if he could give you less shifts or somethin'."

You shook your head. "No, thank you, but that's not fair to the rest of the crew."

Trip shrugged slowly. "I'm sure he wouldn't mind. 'Specially if I ask him."

"I don't know. I'll be fine. Just need to relax more often." You lifted your head to look at him, smiling as you made eye contact. "You could help me relax."

A mischievous smirk appeared on Trip's face. "Yeah?"

You nodded and kissed the corner of his lips. "Mhm. I should come by here more often. Being with you is very relaxing."

He grinned. "Well, I certainly won't complain if you drop by more often. I really do enjoy spendin' time alone with you, babe."

"Me too." You put your head back down and sighed. "You know, I think you're another reason I couldn't sleep."

"Me?" he asked with a chuckle.

You nodded. "Mhm. I couldn't stop thinking about you and how we barely saw each other all day. I missed you, Trip. And we haven't spent the night together in a while. I missed sleeping with your arms around me."

Trip's lips were pressed against your temple by the time you finished speaking. You could feel him smiling through the kiss. "Y'know, there's a simple solution to that issue."

"Oh yeah?"

"Mm. We should spend more nights together," he said, voice getting slow. You could tell he was starting to fall back to sleep. "Maybe even spend every night together."

"Ever night?" you asked, shutting your eyes. Being with Trip let your mind relax, thus resulting in your tiredness catching up to you. "Like...we'd have the same quarters?"

Trip nodded slightly. "I can talk to the cap'n about it. We could live here, or in yours...or switch with someone to a bigger room."

"I like your room," you told him, excitement bubbling within you at the idea of living with Trip. "We might need to get a bigger bed, though."

"Hmm. I can do that."

You smiled. "You know something?"

"Hm?"

"I love that idea."

"Hm, so do I."

"You know something else?"

"Hm?"

You gave his torso a small squeeze. "I love you, as well."

He huffed softly in laughter. "Love you too, Y/N. G'night."

"Night," you murmured, "future roomie."