Ent. Jonathan Archer - "Am I dreaming?"

The bed dipped beside you and you slowly woke from your slumber. A hand was brushing hair off your face when you opened your eyes. You turned and squinted in the darkness at your visitor. "Jon?"

"Hey, Y/N," he said softly.

"Am I dreaming?" you asked, voice heavy with sleep.

Jon chuckled softly and shook his head. "No, you're awake."

You pushed yourself to a seated position. "But you're not supposed to be back for another two days."

"The conference ended early," he replied with a smile.

A tired smile spread across your face. You leaned in to kiss him and he cupped your face in his hands. You put your hands on his chest, sighing softly through the kiss. You then felt the bed dip again, less so than the last time. Two paws were then on your leg and a wet nose was being pushed between you and Jon.

He laughed and ended the kiss. "Hey, Porthos. Guess you missed me, too?"

You smiled and rubbed the dog's back. "He was pretty sad for the first few days, but after I gave him cheese he was better."

Jon smirked and rubbed Porthos' ears. "Doc says you shouldn't eat cheese, you know."

Porthos responded by licking Jon's face.

"I know it isn't the best for him, but he was so sad," you defended. "And it makes him like me more."

"Well, lucky for him I'm not leaving again for a while," he said, then looked at you with a smile. "And lucky for you, too."

You kissed his cheek and smiled. "I am quite lucky."