DS9. Kira Nerys - Stress

A/N: Female reader

You paced around your quarters anxiously as you ran your hands through your hair.

"Babe, you're going to wear a hole through the deck-plating," Kira teased.

You spared her a glance, then went back to your pacing. "I still don't know what to say to them. How do I even bring this up?"

"We'll tell them together," she said. "I'm sure they'll accept you. They're your parents, Y/N. They love you."

You sighed heavily. "I know, but they always expected me to marry some guy and have kids with him. Not..."

"Date an alien woman?" Kira said.

"Yeah, that," you said, not unkindly. You loved Nerys with all your heart. She made you incredibly happy and you couldn't picture your life without her.

"What if they don't like you?" you asked, more to yourself. "I mean, I don't know how that would even be possible because you're amazing. But what if they don't like you because your Bajoran? Or because you're a woman? Of what if they don't approve of our relationship?"

Kira stood up and went to you. She stood in front of you and took your biceps in her hands. "Y/N, you need to calm down. You're working yourself up too much."

You frowned. "I just... I want them to love you. I want them to approve of our relationship."

"From what you've told me about your parents, they will," she assured you. "Sure, they may have to adjust their expectations of your future, but once they see how happy you and I are together, they'll support us."

Your frown slowly turned upright. "You think so?"

She nodded and kissed your lips softly. "I know so. It's the twenty-third century, babe. So they thought you'd marry a man. So what? Homophobia is pretty much unheard of on Earth nowadays, right?"

You shrugged slowly. "From what I hear, yeah."

"Then I'm sure it'll be just fine." She gave you another small kiss and you smiled softly against her lips. "I love you, and I'm here to support you in any way I can, okay?"

"Thank you, Nerys. I love you too."

She placed a hand on your cheek. "Everything will work out, I promise."

You nodded slightly and leaned your head against her hand, feeling very lucky to have such a caring and supportive girlfriend.