Ent. Malcolm Reed - PDA

You stared at the words on your data PADD and sighed. It had been a long day. A very long day, and you wanted nothing more than to relax in your boyfriend's arms and fall asleep. But, unfortunately, he was working until nearly midnight. Or, so you thought.

Suddenly, you felt a pair of arms snake themselves around your neck and shoulders, making you jump. "This seat taken?" a deep voice asked in your ear. Soft lips found their way to your jawline, kissing it softly.

"What're you doing here?" you asked, tilting your head slightly. "Aren't you on duty?"

"Just came down to get some coffee," he said lowly, giving your shoulders a small squeeze.

You relaxed slightly, only to remember you were in the mess hall. You quickly pushed Malcolm's arms away and blushed.

"Something I said?" he asked, taking a seat next to you with a concerned expression on his face.

"No," you assured him. "Just. . . we haven't really been together all that long, and members of the crew are all ready starting to whisper about us..."

Malcolm frowned. "Y/N, it's going to be hard to keep a secret on this ship for very long. Besides, I want everyone to know that we're dating."

You bit down on your lip. "Really?"

"Of course," he said, confused. "Why wouldn't I?"

You shrugged slightly. "I don't know. You're just so private and reserved. I didn't think you'd be one for PDA."

"PDA?" he asked.

You smiled softly, rolling your eyes at his innocent question. "Public displays of affection."

"Shouldn't that be PDOA?"

You laughed. "I don't know. It's an old Earth saying people used to use when couples were touchy and affectionate in public."

"Huh." He furrowed his eyebrows cutely. "Well, in either case I've decided I... I don't want to be private about our relationship. I want to show you off to everyone and let them now how damn happy you make me."

You blushed and smiled at his words. You took his hand in yours, holding it on the table top. "You're so sweet. If you want to be more affectionate during our off hours, I'm all for that."