Ent. Jonathan Archer - "Can I stay?"

The door to Jon's quarters opened before you, revealing a tired and disheveled Captain. "Y/N?" he asked, voice thick with sleep.

You smiled sheepishly and took the opportunity to take in his appearance. His hair was a mess, his tank top was wrinkled and he was only wearing boxers on his lower half. You bit your lip as you made eye contact with his half-open eyes. "Mind if I come in?"

"Um." He rubbed the back of his neck and nodded. "Sure. Come in."

You stepped in and sat on his bed, greeting Porthos as he went to you.

"What're you doing here?" Jon asked, sitting next to you. "Is everything all right?"

"Yeah, it's fine. Kind of. I just got lonely."

"Lonely?" Jon asked, raising his eyebrows. "You share your quarters with Crewman Hamilton." (just a made up crewmember)

You shrugged, rubbing Porthos' velvety ears. "I missed you."

Jon chuckled. "So you came here in the middle of the night?"

"Mhm." You smiled. "Can I stay?"

"Y/N, it's the middle of the night and I have an early shift tomorrow morning," he said slowly. "It might be best if you go back..." He trailed off when he saw you tucking yourself into his bed. "Y/N."

"Yes, Jon?" you asked innocently, patting the spot next to you.

He smirked, shaking his head slowly. "That's almost exactly the opposite of what I meant."

"What you meant and what you want are two different things," you said. "I know you want me to stay here with you. Try to deny it."

He sighed, lying next to you. "I guess I can't say no to you, can I?"

"Nope." You grinned and wrapped the blanket around him as well. "I won't keep you awake."

"No?" He sounded almost disappointed. "Not even a little?"

"Do you want me to keep you awake?"

Jon shrugged and propped his head up with his arm. "I mean...we're all ready awake. Might as well take advantage of that..."

"What happened to, "I have an early shift tomorrow"?"

"I'm the captain. I can go in a bit late." He moved his face closer to yours, eyes on your lips.

You smiled, tilting your head towards his. "I should stop by more often."