Ent. Phlox - "Can I have a hug?"

You entered sickbay with a throbbing headache, one that had persisted throughout your shift. "Phlox?" you called out after not seeing him right away.

He emerged from behind the shelves of supplies. "Ah, Y/N, what can I do for you?"

"I have a splitting headache," you told him. "I was hoping you'd be able to give me something for it."

Phlox approached you. "How long have you had this headache?"

"Since this morning."

With a frown Phlox took his handheld scanner out of his pocket and began to take readings of your head.

"I am reading an increased amount of catecholamines in your adrenal glands."

"What does that mean?" you asked.

"They are the neurotransmitters relating to stress," he clarified. He lowered his scanner. "I believe you are experiencing a stress-induced headache, which can be quite persistent if one does not take time to destress. Tell me, when was the last time you relaxed?"

You actually had to think about that for a minute. Finally, you shook your head. "I'm not sure. It's been so busy lately. I've been pulling a couple double shifts this week."

"Well, I recommend you take the rest of the day off."

"You don't have to tell me twice," you said with a sigh.

"I will give you something to help with the pain, but I do recommend trying to do something that will help you feel less stressed. Perhaps read a book, or grab dinner with someone."

As he went to prepare the medicine, you ran your hand through your hair. "Hey, Phlox, can I ask you for something?"

He returned, with your injection and a warm smile on his face. "Of course," he said, injecting you with the medicine.

"Can I... can I have a hug?"

Phlox looked a little surprised, but he nodded. He pocketed the hypospray and opened his arms. You went into them, pressing yourself against his warm chest.

The two of you stood like that for a few minutes, neither speaking. After that, your headache had begun to subside and you weren't sure if it was the medicine or the comfort brought on by Phlox's arms around you.