AOS/TOS. Leonard "Bones" McCoy - Medical Anxiety

As soon as you materialized onto the Enterprise, Leonard rushed to your side. He stared at the angry red lump on your arm. "Dammit, Y/N, what happened?"

"It's nothing," you lied, stepping down from the platform. "I'm fine."

"Like hell you are," he retorted, moving with you. He then looked to the captain.

Jim sighed and rubbed his face. "Some insect stung their arm," he told Leonard, making you groan. "It swelled almost instantly."

He frowned. "Does it hurt?"

"No," you said, but Jim spoke for you:

"Yes."

You gave him a look, but Jim just put up his hands in defense. "Sorry, Y/N. I'm not letting you suffer in pain when I know Bones can help."

"Come on," Leonard said, putting a hand on your back. "Let's get you to sick bay."

You bit your lip nervously as he lead you through the corridor. The captain told Leonard to keep him updated before heading off to the bridge.

"Can't you just... give me something for the pain and swelling and send me on my way?" you asked, hopefully, but knowing what the answer would be.

"'Fraid not, sweetheart. We have no idea what that insect was. It could have infected your bloodstream, or left some substance in your system. I'll have to run some tests."

"I honestly feel fine," you told him, though by the look he gave you after you said it, you knew he didn't believe you. "Please... I don't... I can't."

At that, Leonard stopped walking and faced you. "You can't what?"

You avoided his eyes. "I can't go to sickbay."

"And why not?"

You shrugged meekly.

"C'mon, Y/N, you can tell me."

"Sickbays and hospitals make me anxious," you admitted. "Every time I have to go, I feel like I'm going to suffocate and scream at the same time."

He put his hand on your shoulder. "That's why you always avoid your physicals?"

With a slight nod, you finally met his eyes. "Isn't there something you can do that doesn't involve me going to sickbay."

He sighed, frowning sympathetically. "I really can't. But, I can give you something for the anxiety. It'll help calm you down. And I'll be with you the entire time, okay? I won't leave your side."

"Promise you won't leave?"

He held up his hand, pinky outstretched. "Pinky promise."

The corners of your mouth twitched into a very slight smile. You wrapped your pinky around his and said: "All right. Let's get this over with."