AOS/TOS. Montgomery "Scotty" Scott - Open Waters

The gentle breeze caught in the sail, propelling the small sailboat further into the pacific- ocean. Water lapped at the sides of the ship, a repetitive sound throughout the journey.

"What do ya think?" Scotty asked, standing beside you on the side of the boat.

You looked at him, squinting against the beaming sun overhead. "It's really peaceful out here."

"Aye, it's a feeling like no other," he said. "To be out on the sea, no technology, no warp-coils. Just the sail and the wind."

You smiled. "Don't you miss the technology? You are an engineer."

Scotty thought about that for a moment. He gazed out onto the blue waters in silence. Then, he said, "Sometimes it's nice to be away from the twenty-fourth century. Experience life without any advanced technology. Even an engineer needs a break from it every now and then."

You looped your arm through his and leaned your head onto his shoulder. "I get that. Sometimes we just get so caught up in computers that we forget how to life without them. Thanks for suggesting this for our leave."

"I'm glad you're up for it, Y/N. Not everyone enjoys the open water." He kissed the top of your head gently.

You smiled and gave his arm a gently squeeze. "I'm up for anything so long as I'm with you."