TNG. Data - "When I picture myself happy, it is with you."

You sighed in frustration. Not because of what Data was saying, but because you knew he couldn't say or feel any differently. He had only just begun figuring out emotions and how to deal with them. You knew it was too soon for him to be in a relationship, but you had still hoped.

When you got up from the couch in his quarters, Data took your hand. "Where are you going?"

You looked at him incredulously. "There's nothing more to say. I told you how I feel, and you told me how you feel. It's obvious we won't work out now—maybe ever. I'm looking for an emotion-filled relationship and you don't know how to do that yet. Which is fine, Data. I hope you know I don't blame you, nor am I upset or angry with you."

"Then why do you seem so... down in the dumps?"

You shook your head. "I'm upset, Data, but not with you. I'm disappointed and sad."

"Oh." Data made a face as he thought of what to say.

You sighed sadly and took your arm out of his hold, making your way to the door.

"Y/N, when I picture myself happy... it is with you," Data said. "I know I am not very skilled with the whole emotions thing, but I will get better with it. I want to work on it. And I want to work on it with you."

You turned to look at him. "I don't want you to feel pressured, Data. You shouldn't be rushed into a relationship the second you can feel emotions. It isn't fair to you."

He frowned. "Would it be more fair for me to cut out the one person who I know will make me happy?"

You stared at him, not used to seeing and hearing this side of him. "I... I don't know."

Data went to you. "I want to be with you, Y/N. I want us to try this. I do not want to wait any longer. I have waited this long to feel emotions. I want to experience new emotions with and because of you. It might be difficult at first, but I want to try it."

You kissed him without warning; pressing your lips against his hard. Data, taken back, took a moment to kiss back. But, when he did, he cupped your face with his hand and drew you closer. His lips were gentle on yours, though there was so much passion in the kiss.

When it ended, you rested your forehead on his and smiled. "Okay. Let's try it."