Ent. Trip Tucker - "I just want you to hold me."

When you trudged into your shared quarters with Trip, he instantly knew you had a bad day. Your shoulders were slumped, your eyelids were drooped, and you barely even looked at him when you greeted him.

"Y'okay?" he asked, though he knew you weren't. He knew you were going through a rough time and that some days were worse than others.

You unzipped your jacket and shrugged it off. "Just a long day."

Trip went over to you and slowly started to rub your shoulders. "You wanna talk about it?"

You shook your head and leaned into his touch, letting his fingers rub your tired muscles. "Just a lot going on right now. With the Xindi attack, and us being in constant danger... it's just a lot to handle."

"'Specially when your mental health isn't all that healthy to begin with," he muttered, moving his hands down your arms until they reached your hands. He took them in his and wrapped both his and your arms around your torso. He pulled you against his chest and kissed your head softly.

"I hate this," you said with a sigh.

"I know. I do, too. But it'll be okay in the end. You'll be all right."

"I'm really lucky to have you, you know that?"

He shrugged slightly. "I'm the lucky one, Y/N."

You tilted and turned your head so you could see his face. "I guess we're both lucky."

With a small smile, Trip nodded. "Guess so. Are you sure there's nothing I can do to make you feel better? A hot shower? Cup of tea? A movie?"

"Can we lie down? Maybe cuddle for a while? I just... I just want you to hold me."

"'Course. Come on." Trip brought you to the bed and the two of you lay down. You lay with your arm over his stomach and your head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around you and rubbed your back slowly. You lifted your head, gave his lips a quick kiss, then settled down once more.

And that was how you stayed for a while. Trip holding you; neither saying anything. And for a time, your worries were gone.