DS9. Weyoun - "I don't understand."

A/N: Pansexual reader

"Y/N?" a familiar voice said as you and Weyoun were walking into Quark's.

"Oh," you said in surprise as you saw your ex approach you. "Hey, what are you doing here?"

"My ship stopped here for some repairs," she replied. "I didn't know you were stationed here."

You smiled awkwardly. "Yeah, I've been here for a while."

She nodded slowly. "Well, I better be off. It was nice seeing you again."

"Yeah, you too," you said, watching her leave.

Weyoun looked at you curiously. "Who was that?"

"That," you said slowly, "was my ex."

His mouth moved into the shape of a small O.

He and you made your way to the table at the back of the bar.

"I haven't seen her in years," you said as you sat down.

Weyoun nodded slowly. "If you don't mind me saying so, I... did not realize you were attracted to women."

You smiled slightly at him. "I am. And anyone else that I find attractive."

His brow furrowed. "I don't understand."

"Gender isn't really something that matters to me when looking for a relationship," you explained. "Back on Earth, it's called being pansexual. I like men, women, people who identify as nonbinary, agender, and anyone in between."

"I don't think I've ever heard of that," Weyoun said in awe. "That is most fascinating. Are all humans like this?"

You shook your head. "No, but it isn't uncommon either."

"I see." He pursed his lips together momentarily as he thought of what to say next. "So... it's possible you'd be attracted to someone like me—a male, I mean."

You met his gaze. "I'm not attracted to someone like you," you said and you saw his shoulders slump. "I'm attracted to you."

A smile spread on Weyoun's face. "You are?"

You nodded, his smile being mirrored on your face.

"I... am attracted to you as well," he admitted.

"In that case," you said, "why don't we turn this outing into a date?"

Weyoun nodded, his smile wide and his eyes bright.