Misunderstandings (Tom Holland)

Requested by _soeen: Y/N is planning a surprise party to announce that she's pregnant. But she becomes so busy with planning that Tom thinks that she's cheating on him. Tom starts ignoring her and makes her jealous by flirting with one of Y/N's best friends but she stays silent. On the day of the party and announcement, Tom feels guilty and apologises every time that they talk.

"Tommy, have you seen my shoes?!" I yelled as I rushed through the house, looking for my heels.

"What, darling?" I heard him call back from the living room.

"My shoes!" I shouted.

"What about them?!" I groaned, my hands quickly grabbing my bag from our bed before I rushed out into the living room. Tom looked up at me from the sofa.

"Why do you need your shoes, babe?" he asked, his eyes following me as I rushed around the room.

"Because I'm going out." I stated. His eyebrows furrowed and he sat up more on the sofa.

"Again?" he scoffed with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, Tommy, again." I shrugged. He scoffed for a second time and shook his head as he looked at me.

"Let me guess, you can't tell me where you're going. Again." he nodded. I sighed and returned the glance. The truth was that I was meeting up with Harrison and my best friend, Sylvia, in order to plan a surprise party for Tom. Where I was going to tell him that I was pregnant. I had found last month, when I had realised that I'd now missed two periods in a row and so had bought several home pregnancy tests. It wasn't exactly a planned pregnancy, but I was over the moon about it, and I was positive that Tom would be too. The problem of course with me starting to sneak off to an undisclosed location three times a week was that Tom was starting to suspect something wrong. And my horrible gut feeling was telling me that my boyfriend suspected me of cheating on him. Of course, I hated that he potentially thought that, but the party was only days away by this point, and so I didn't want to wreck it now. I bit my lip and sat on Tom's lap, making him clench his jaw and sigh as he wrapped his arms around me and looked up at me.

"I'm sorry. But I promise you that nothing bad or suspicious is happening. It'll all be worth it when you find out what I'm doing, I promise." I nodded. He sighed and looked at me.

"You should get going. You don't want to be late for whoever is waiting for you." he mumbled. I gulped, trying to stop tears from pricking my eyes at the iciness in his tone.

"I love you." I muttered as I leant down and pecked his lips, him barely returning the kiss as I stood from his lap.

"Yup." he returned quietly. I bit my lip, a tear leaving my eye at the lack of affection as I grabbed my keys and left the house.

Tom's P.O.V

"Why do you need your shoes, babe?" Tom asked, his eyes following Y/N as she rushed around the room.

"Because I'm going out." she stated, as if that was enough of an answer. His eyebrows furrowed and he sat up more on the sofa.

"Again?" he scoffed with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, Tommy, again." She shrugged. He scoffed for a second time and shook his head as he looked at her.

"Let me guess, you can't tell me where you're going. Again." he nodded. She sighed and returned the glance. For the last month, Y/N had been leaving the house to go to an untold location, to meet with untold people, all secrets related to the matter seemingly being held under lock and key. Tom desperately wanted to believe that there was some perfectly reasonable explanation behind what she was doing, he was sure that it was nothing. But then the more suspicious part of his brain, the part that told him not to trust anyone was telling him that she was leaving him to go and hook up with some other guy or girl. The thought of which tore Tom's heart apart. He desperately wanted to believe that she'd never do that to him and that she loved him too much for that. After all, the pair had planned the rest of their lives together, they were already planning their wedding and what they were going to name their future children. Y/N was truly the love of Tom's life, and so he wanted to believe so badly that she wasn't cheating on him. But the sheer number of times that she'd left without telling him where she was going was suspicious enough alone to make him doubt where she was going and who she was seeing. Maybe even getting a little bit of revenge was in order. Maybe that would finally make Y/N admit to cheating, if she was cheating. Y/N bit her lip and sat on Tom's lap, making him clench his jaw and sigh as he wrapped his arms around her and looked up at her. As much as Tom hated it, even if she was cheating, he was still totally and hopelessly in love with this girl. And there lay the problem.