Insomnia (Tom Holland)

Requested by pippa_04: Y/N is Tom's girlfriend and she suffers from insomnia. She wakes up one night and can't get back to sleep, so Tom helps her to try.

*Please note: obviously this requests includes the reader having insomnia. I do NOT suffer from insomnia and so if any of you lovely readers do suffer from it and are offended by my depiction of it, I'm so sorry, I am not meaning to offend anyone with my depiction of it. Thank you and enjoy:)*

My eyes fluttered open, the pitch black state of the room making me feel like I was still asleep. But I knew that I wasn't. I sighed and looked at the alarm clock on my bedside table to see the numbers three fifteen am blinking back at me in bright red lights. That was decent, three hours of sleep. That was more than I got on most nights. But now I was very much awake, meaning that the likelihood of me being able to fall asleep again before morning was very slim. I sighed and bit my lip as I looked to my side to see my boyfriend, Tom, still very much asleep as his arm was casually hung over my stomach. I loved the boy, but I also envied him greatly for his ability to just conk out for a whole night. I had been diagnosed with insomnia when I was nineteen, three years before Tom and I had started dating. Meaning that I'd now had five years of getting no more than four hours of sleep per night. Tom always tried to stay up with me on the nights that I didn't get to sleep until the early hours, and always insisted that I wake him up should I wake up so that he could help me get back to sleep, but it was a battle that he was always destined to lose. I loved him for the effort, though. I leant down and gave the corner of his mouth a small kiss before sitting up and getting out of bed. If I was awake now for the day, I may as well get shit done. I yawned, my eyes still blinking in want of more sleep but my body telling me no as I grabbed one of his white dress shirts and put it on over my underwear before buttoning it up. I headed out into the apartment, the night lights of London being seen from the glorious floor-to-ceiling windows of our apartment. I clicked the kettle on, the appliance starting to rumble lowly as I grabbed a mug and started to pile coffee granules into it. I added a bit of sugar before grabbing the kettle and pouring the hot water in. I added a splash of milk and mixed it all together before sitting at the breakfast bar. I sighed and held the warm mug in between my hands, the temperature burning me slightly, but I didn't care.

"Put. The coffee...down." I looked over my shoulder and chuckled at Tom as he walked into the room, nothing covering him apart from a low-hanging pair of sweatpants.

"You look hot." I stated, making him smirk and shake his head as he walked towards me.

"Not as hot as that coffee looks." he teased. I groaned and threw my head back.

"I'm up now, Tommy, I won't be able to get back to sleep, so I may as well have a coffee to perk myself up." I huffed.

"You definitely won't get back to sleep if you've had a coffee. Go on, put it down." he chuckled as he curled his arms over my shoulders and moved the coffee across the island, making me pout and look up at him. This was a routine that we did almost every night. I'd wake up at a stupid hour and would get up, making Tom wake up too, I'd go to get a coffee, he'd catch me just before I got to drink it, he'd figure out a way to make me fall back asleep and then we'd repeat it the next night.

"Don't pull that face at me, darling. You'll conk out at midday if you have a coffee now." he smiled as he leant down and started to kiss my neck from behind. I playfully rolled my eyes and cupped his head.

"What else am I supposed to do?" I sighed.

"Let me tire you out." he shrugged. I raised my eyebrow and looked at him over my shoulder.

"Jesus, not like that, darling, I'm far too tired for any form of sex right now." he chuckled, making me laugh as he gently took my hand and pulled me off of the bar stool.

"What are we going to do to make me tired, then?" I sighed.

"I have an idea." he nodded. I narrowed my eyes at him sceptically, him smirking and winking in return as he got his phone out of his pocket and plugged it into the speaker in the living room. Soft music started to play through the speakers, making me smile and bite my lip.

"You always have been such a hopeless romantic, Tommy." I teased, making him smirk and nod as he curled his arm around my waist and took my hand with his spare one, my other hand holding his shoulder. We started to gently sway to the music, my head resting on his shoulder and his cheek resting against my hair as he slowly moved us from side to side.

"I love this, Tommy, but it's not working." I chuckled quietly.

"How about...now!" he exclaimed, making me squeal as he swiped my legs from underneath me and picked me up bridal style before starting to spin me around.

"Definitely not!" I laughed loudly, making him return it as he kept me lifted up in his arms and swayed his body. He bit his lip and looked at me.

"To be honest, love, I don't really care if this doesn't make you tired. I just like dancing with you." he admitted quietly as his gaze flicked to my lips. I smiled and bit my lip at him as I cupped his face.

"Aw, Tommy." I chuckled, making him smile as he leant in and pressed our lips together.

Tom and I lay on the sofa, our bodies spooning with his arm over my waist and the other outstretched underneath my head as we watched a movie in another attempt to get me to sleep. I looked over my shoulder and chuckled as Tom's eyes were fighting to stay open, his head lulling against the pillow as he tried to stay awake.

"Oy." I chuckled, making him groan and squeeze his eyes shut as I gently elbowed him in the ribs.

"Sorry, love, I was nodding off there." he yawned.

"I saw that. Go on, Tommy, go back to bed. You can sleep, so there's no point in both of us being knackered tomorrow." I sighed.

"No, I'm alright, I'll hold out until you do." he nodded, making me chuckle again and kiss his cheek before looking back at the movie. He sighed and rested his head on my shoulder, his sturdy chest pressed to my back as he looked at the TV.

"What's on?" he mumbled, his lips gently pressing to my cheek and neck.

"Nothing much, considering the time. But I found 'love, actually', so put that on." I chuckled.

"Babe, it's nowhere near Christmas, you can't put a Christmas movie on in the middle of the year." he smirked into my skin.

"I can, and I did." I returned, making him laugh and shake his head as he kissed my cheek.

Tom and I sat on the floor next to the windows, his arms wrapped around me and holding me into his chest as I sat in between his legs. I looked up at him, my heart filled with love for the boy as he was completely asleep, soft snores coming from his thin lips. Not that I could blame him. It was five-forty-five now, and I was only just starting to feel tired again, so no wonder Tom had given up. I was feeling really tired, though. I yawned, my eyes squeezing shut as I did. I snuggled my back further into Tom's chest, making him sigh in his sleep and curl his arms further around my body as he rested his head against the window and I rested my head against his neck. My eyes fluttered shut, my lack of sleep paired with how warm and loved that I felt in Tom's embrace pushing me back towards sleep. I shut my eyes completely, my breathing slowing down and my body sinking into my boyfriend's arms as I finally fell back asleep.