Dust *part 2* (Peter Parker)

Peter's P.O.V

Peter sat on the edge of his bed, his hands gripping the sides of the mattress as he looked down. He clenched his jaw, his heart full of anger as he looked at the floor. After all, it was the five-year-anniversary of what they now called the blip, which marked five years since Y/N and half of all life had been snapped out of existence by Thanos. And four years since Tony had given up on finding a solution. After a year of trying to figure out how to reverse what Thanos had done, the pace of trying to find a solution had slowed down, and then stopped. Peter had left the Avengers after that. He didn't want to work every day around the people who had given up on his girlfriend, especially her own father. And so he had walked away from the Avengers, and had walked away from being Spider-Man. He'd gotten a job as a computer analyst, and had been living under the radar as much as he could ever since. The only people that he still had contact with from his old life were May, Ned and MJ. He hadn't talked to any of the Avengers in years and he wanted to keep it that way. He stood up and grabbed a t-shirt, figuring that he should probably start his day before he got too mad at the world again. He pulled it on as he headed downstairs. His eyes flicked up to the window by his front door, his eyebrows furrowing as he saw a black car pulling up his driveway.

"What the fuck?" he mumbled to himself. He headed down the rest of the stairs and opened the front door, his eyes glued to the car as it stopped ten metres away from the porch. The driver climbed out of it, making Peter's eyes widen.

"Fucks' sake." he mumbled. Tony gave him a small smile, making Peter sigh as his former mentor shut the car door.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" he scoffed.

"That's no way to treat your old mentor and future father-in-law." Tony teased as he walked towards the porch.

"You would have been my future-father-in-law if you hadn't given up trying to bring her back." he nodded as he crossed his arms over his chest. Tony sighed and stopped in his tracks.

"You're still hurting, Peter, I get that, trust me. But you're not the only one who lost Y/N that day." he shook his head.

"No but I'm the only one who didn't give up on her." he spat.

"She's why I'm here, Peter." Tony snapped back. Peter's eyes widened slightly, his eyebrows furrowing.

"What do you mean, Tony?" he mumbled. His former mentor sighed and gave him a small smile as he walked up the steps to the porch.

"How about you invite me in, and then we can talk?" he shrugged as he patted Peter's shoulder on his way into the house. Peter rolled his eyes and sighed, though his heart jumped slightly in hope as he followed him inside.

Peter and Tony sat down at his dining table, the boy's jaw clenched as he stared at the man who he used to look up to. Used to.

"You said that you're here to talk about Y/N. So, talk." Peter nodded. Tony sighed and put a small cube on the table.

"FRIDAY, you know what to do." he nodded. Suddenly, a hologram emerged from the cube, Peter's eyes widening slightly as the image showed a series of twisted strains in green, with "100%" underneath it. His eyebrows furrowed.

"What is this, Tony? What am I looking at?" he mumbled.

"I developed a theory, one that would allow us to travel through the quantum realms and travel back in time. This is the possibility of it working." Tony admitted. Peter's eyes widened, his heart starting to thump more harshly as he looked at the man. He knew exactly what he was saying, he just needed to hear him say it.