The death scene (Tom Holland)

Requested by MyMischiefisManaged: Y/N and Tom's favourite movie is 'Infinity War' and they watch it often. But whenever they watch it, Y/N always 'goes to the bathroom' when the part of Peter dying comes, since it upsets her every time. One day, Tom asks her about why she always leaves at that part, she admits everything and he has to comfort her.

"Darling, come on, I'm about to put it on!" Tom yelled from the living room.

"I'm coming." I chuckled as I rushed into the room with two bowls of popcorn.

"You ready?" he checked as I sat down next to him on the sofa and put my legs over his, his hand landing on my thigh.

"All good." I nodded. He returned it and pressed play, the Marvel music starting as 'Avengers: Infinity War' started playing. Tom and I had been dating for two years now, and our absolute favourite movie was 'Infinity War'. Whilst both of us loved everything 'Marvel', this movie in particular just had everything that we ever needed, and more. We loved it so much that we could watch it up to once a day, our record being that we watched it fourteen times in a week. But there was something that I always hid from Tom. The truth was that I absolutely hated his death scene. There was nothing wrong with the scene itself, it was shot beautifully and as always, Tom and RDJ were exceptional. But seeing my boyfriend turn to dust, even though I was well aware that it was fake, broke my heart every time. Tom was so lovely and understanding when I had cried at the scene when we went to the premier, but it started to become embarrassing when I kept crying at the same bit several times after I'd seen it for the first time. It had been out a year ago, and I still cried every time that we watched it. A few months ago, I had gotten into the habit of excusing myself to the bathroom and telling Tom to let it play so that I could recompose myself in private and also miss the heart-wrenching scene without having to tell him the truth. I was sure that he would be lovely about it, but part of me was still too embarrassed to tell him the truth. And so, I wouldn't tell him.

Tom's P.O.V

Tom and Y/N sat on the sofa, their eyes glued to the screen as they intently watched the movie. Y/N sat in Tom's arms, his hands gently massaging her thighs as they cuddled. Thanos snapped his fingers in the movie, all of the music stopping as people started to turn to dust.

"Mr Stark, I don't feel so good." Peter choked as he started to stumble slightly.

"I-I need the bathroom, don't stop the movie." Y/N spoke, making Tom look at her as she suddenly stood up.

"Are you sure, love-."

"Positive." she smiled at him, making his eyebrows furrow as she disappeared up the stairs. He sighed and looked back at the screen, his character slowly turning to dust as Tony held him. Tom's eyebrows furrowed, his eyes glancing back up the stairs as he thought. Over the last few months, he'd noticed that Y/N would always need the bathroom at the exact same time in the movie, and would always insist that he let it play. That point was always Peter's death scene. He knew that she'd cried at the scene when they'd first watched it, and a few times afterwards, but they must have watched it thousands of times since then. Surely, she wasn't still getting upset at that scene. He sighed and stood up, figuring that he should check on his girlfriend as he headed up the stairs.

"Sweetheart?" he called out as he headed up the stairs and towards the bathroom.

Y/N's P.O.V

Tom and I sat on the sofa, our eyes glued to the screen as we intently watched the movie. I sat in his arms, his hands gently massaging my thighs as we cuddled. Thanos snapped his fingers in the movie, making me bite my lip as I knew what would be coming in the next few minutes. People started turning to dust, my heart thumping more harshly as the shot went back to Tony on Titan. I bit my lip harshly, tears already pricking my eyes as I knew exactly what was coming.

"Mr Stark, I don't feel so good." Peter choked as he started to stumble slightly.

"I-I need the bathroom, don't stop the movie." I spoke, making Tom look at me as I suddenly stood up.

"Are you sure, love-."

"Positive." I smiled falsely at him, making his eyebrows furrow as I disappeared up the stairs. I bit my lip, tears starting to run down my face as I rushed into the bathroom and shut the door. I choked and grabbed a tissue, my heart pounding as I sat on the edge of the bath and just cried. I knew that it was debatably very stupid for me to still get upset after all of this time, but it killed me to see Tom die on screen so much. It made me think about what would happen if he actually died, the thought of this tearing me up every single time.

"Sweetheart?" my eyes widened as I heard Tom's voice calling me, as well as footsteps gradually getting to the bathroom door.

"I'll be out in a minute!" I yelled as I tried not to let my voice choke.

"Can I come in, love? I'm worried about you." he admitted through the door. I closed my eyes and bit my lip, more tears leaving my eyes at how lovely he was being. I took a deep breath before standing up and opening the door. Tom looked up at me as the door opened, his eyes widening as he saw the state that I was in.

"Woah, hey, what's wrong?" he gasped as he immediately pulled me into a hug. I cried into his chest, one of his hands reassuringly stroking my hair as the other rubbed up and down my back.

"You're okay, darling. I have you, it's alright." he cooed gently into my hair. I sniffed and pulled away, making him look at me as I sat on the edge of the bath again.

"It's not even anything serious. I'm just being silly." I mumbled as I looked down.

"I'm sure that you're not. Come on, love, talk to me, what's wrong?" he asked, his hand landing on my thigh as he sat next to me. I gulped and looked up at him.

"I love that movie almost as much as I love you. But I absolutely hate your death scene. It's nothing against you or RDJ, it just still breaks my heart to see you die. I know that it's stupid and I honestly thought that I'd have grown out of it by now, but no. It still breaks me every time that I watch that scene." I choked and shook my head. Tom's face softened.

"Oh, love. Come here." he sighed as he pulled me back into his arms. I rested my head on his chest, my arms holding onto him for dear life as he held me into his body.

"For what it's worth, I don't think that it's silly or stupid at all. Of course you're going to get upset if you keep watching me die. I'm sorry, sweetheart, I wouldn't have put it on so much if I'd have known." he reassured.

"Don't apologise, Tommy. I still love that movie, it's just that one scene that I can't watch. It always makes me think about what it would be like to watch you die, and that hurts." I mumbled.

"I completely get that, love. But don't worry, look at me. I'm alive, I'm healthy, I'm okay. I'm not going to be leaving you any time soon, so you don't have to think about me dying, okay?" he spoke softly as he gently hooked his finger underneath my chin and made me look at him.

"Okay, Tommy. Thank you." I whispered.

"Of course, love." he nodded before leaning down and gently kissing me. I returned the kiss, my hand holding his face as his arms held my body into his. I broke the kiss and looked at him.

"It was sweet of you to come and check on me." I chuckled as we stood up.

"Admittedly, I didn't know that I'd find you crying, but that makes me even more glad that I checked. Now, let's finish the movie, and then we're never watching that scene again." he smiled, making me laugh as we headed downstairs and sat on the sofa again.

"Thank you, Tommy. I love you." I nodded.

"I love you too, darling." he smiled. I returned it and pecked his lips, his arms curling around me and pulling me into his body as he pressed 'play' again.