The new girl (Tom Holland)

Requested by Meg_Weasley24: Tom, Harrison and Y/N have always been really good friends but one day, a new girl arrives at their high school and takes Tom away from Y/N. Y/N talks to Harrison about it, who convinces her to tell Tom how she feels. She goes to talk to Tom but he opens the door shirtless and with the girl only wearing his shirt.

"I can't believe that you actually got it!" I laughed, my arms around Tom's neck and his arm around my waist as Tom, Harrison and I walked into school.

"Oh, thanks for the faith, love." he scoffed, making me playfully roll my eyes.

"Nah, Tom, we knew that you'd get it." Harrison chuckled.

"That's the reaction that I expected from my best friends, take notes, Y/N." he continued to tease, making me lightly slap his chest as we headed to our lockers. Tom, Harrison and I had been friends for the longest time, and so Harrison and I were seeing the start of Tom's acting career take off. He had just been cast in 'In the heart of the sea' and so naturally we were over the moon for him. Though, the thought of my best friend and secret crush leaving to go to America for months on end did upset me slightly. We'd been friends for the best part of twenty years by this point, and I'd always had a little thing for Tom that had blossomed into a full-on love for the boy by the time that we were seventeen. But now he was potentially moving away to America, and that was breaking me inside. Of course, though, I wouldn't tell him that.

"Does that mean that you're not finishing school?" Harrison asked as we opened our lockers.

"Unfortunately, I still have to finish. They don't start filming until next year anyway, so we'll all have graduated long before we start filming. Even if that wasn't the case, you know what my mum is like, do you really think that I'd be allowed to fuck off to America before finishing school?" he teased, making us chuckle and nod in agreement. Suddenly, Tom's eyes flicked past me before widening slightly.

"Woah." he mumbled. My eyebrows furrowed and I turned around, my heart immediately dropping as I realised what had Tom so breath-taken. A girl who I didn't recognise had just walked into school, her eyes looking around as she held the strap of her bag in her hand.

"Who's that?" Harrison scoffed.

"I don't know, but I want to find out." Tom nodded before heading over to her. My eyes widened slightly and I gulped harshly as my heart dropped to my feet. I'd been trying for the last few years to get Tom to look at me like that, and this new girl had made it happen within a second of walking through the school doors. Tom walked up to her, making her smile as he started to talk to her.

"What do you think that he's saying to her?" I mumbled, tears pricking my eyes as I watched them laugh and smile at each other.

"Probably just saying hi to her. I wouldn't worry, mate." Harrison shrugged as he shut his locker.

"Y-yeah. I'm sure that it's just that." I nodded, desperately trying to keep myself composed as they continued to talk.

That had been six months ago, and they hadn't just been talking. The new girl was called Becky, and as soon as she'd walked into the school, Tom had been whipped over her. It had started harmlessly enough, with him inviting her to sit with us and eat at lunchtimes. The subtle flirting and smiling had hurt, but I could deal with it. After all, Tom had had girlfriends before and I'd always managed to cover up my feelings. But then he started to invite her to our hang-outs, where he'd always try and sit next to her and vice versa. Then it developed into him hanging out with just her and hanging out with us less, before he just stopped hanging out with Harrison and I altogether. I'd heard from other students that they'd officially started dating five months ago. I wasn't sure what hurt more, the fact that Tom had asked her out so quickly whilst I'd been trying to make him notice me for years, or the fact that he hadn't even talked to me enough in the last half a year to tell me about them dating, I'd had to hear it from other students. And so here I was, sitting on Harrison's bed and crying my eyes out whilst my other best friend, who was equally as hurt that Tom had just stopped hanging out with us, hugged and supported me.