Childhood friends (Mob boss!AU, Tom Holland)

Requested by Meg_Weasley: Tom is a mob leader and Y/N is a friend of his from their childhood. They haven't seen each other in years but they start to date when they meet again. Tom ends up proposing in a really sweet way and they get married. The entire time, she's the only person that he's sweet to.

I stood in the bank, bored out of my mind as I stood in line and waited to be seen. I looked down at my watch and rolled my eyes as I saw that I'd already been standing here for half an hour, and yet the queue had barely moved. Oh well, this needs to be done, I thought as I looked back up.

"EVERYONE GET DOWN!" I looked to the doors, my eyes widening as a bunch of armed gunmen ran into the building. They shot up at the ceiling, making me scream and get down along with everyone else.

"NO ONE MOVE, AND NO ONE WILL GET HURT! ALL WE WANT IS MONEY!" they continued to yell. I gulped, my shaky hands covering my head as the tellers handed over wads of cash and the gunmen shoved them into the duffel bags. Suddenly, one of them glanced at me before freezing. His eyes widened as he stared at me, making my breath hitch in my throat. Fuck, shit, of course they noticed me out of everyone, I thought as his eyes were seemingly locked on me.

"Shit, Steve." he mumbled, making the other guy look at me. His eyes widened too, making my eyebrows furrow. What the fuck was going on, why were they both so shocked to see me? I had never been in a situation like this before, so I couldn't figure out how they were both seemingly recognising me.

"Fuck, she's on the boss' "Do not touch" list. We need to get out of here." he muttered and shook his head. The other one nodded as they shoved the rest of the money into the bags, my eyes wide as I just watched them. What the fuck did they mean, I was on a "Do not touch" list, and who the fuck was their boss? I wracked my brain, desperately trying to figure out who had that much power and who wouldn't want to hurt me. My eyes widened further, my breath hitching as I could only think of one person. Surely not, though. I hadn't talked to him in about ten years, but we had been super close when we had talked, and provided that he had actually been telling the truth about what his family did when I thought that he'd been lying, it added up. I had to find out. I snapped back as the gunmen rushed back out of the bank, leaving people gasping and crying as they left. I grabbed my bag before rushing after them.

I stood in front of the large stone mansion, my heart in my throat as I looked up at the massive structure. I gulped, my mind still trying to decide if this was a good idea. After all, this was the home of the most notorious mob leader in London...and my old childhood friend, Tom Holland. We'd been good friends for almost fifteen years, from the ages of five to eighteen, but we'd drifted apart after I had gone to university and he had done whatever. Well, I knew what he'd been doing, but until today, I hadn't believed it. When we had been friends, Tom and his family had always been very quiet about what they did. I had never been allowed around to his house when we hung out, his parents never talked to mine, and all I knew about their family business was that it made them a shit load of money. Tom had finally told me that his family did when we were seventeen, but I didn't believe him. I'd always had a crush on the boy and I always hoped that he felt the same, and so I figured that he was just trying to impress me. I guessed not. I took a deep breath and raised my shaking fist to knock on the grand oak door. It eventually made contact, making me gulp as I knocked. There was no going back now. My eyes widened slightly as almost immediately, it opened to reveal a very large and intimidating man, who I guessed was some kind of bodyguard.

"What?" he scoffed, making me gulp again as he looked me up and down with a scowl on his lips.

"I-I'm here to see Tom Holland." I spoke with all of the confidence that I could muster. He snickered and started to shut the door.