First Birthday!

It's the kids first birthdays. They were all born days apart, so it just seemed more convenient to have a big birthday party for all five of them rather than four individual ones.

They all sit at a little table Donnie made especially for them. Each child was wearing their own party hat, each a different colour: Lily's was blue, Jordan's was purple, Skye's was pink, Taya's was red and Matt's was orange.

As Splinter cautiously brings out the massive pile of presents, all the kids start giggling and squealing. He puts the pile down, while the turtles sort through them and give them to the child it was addressed to.

Taya and Skye are the first two to get theirs. They look to R/W for permission before ripping the boxes to shreds. Inside lay two identical rag dolls with red hair and button eyes. On the back of them had either Taya or Skye sewn into the back. They scream in delight as they admire their little gifts.

Matt is the next to receive his. He gently unwraps it, to reveal a set of plastic toy dinosaurs. He squeals in excitement as he hands the box to Mikey to open. The moment the box is open, he grabs the T-Rex and starts making roaring noises that makes all the kids laugh.

Next to receive their gift was Jordan. He gently unpackaged his gift to find an encyclopaedia about the world. He screams in excitement as he flicks through the pages. It has everything from animals to the layers of the earth to how it was created. He kicks his legs and squeals again, the whole table starts laughing hysterically.

Last but by no means least, was Lily. She gently unwraps her present to find a beautiful barbie doll with dark brown hair and blue eyes, just like her. "It's me!" She says excitedly, holding up the doll. She hugs it tightly.

All the children then turn around to face the parents. "Thank you!" They all say in unison.

As they prepare to get up, Splinter stops them. "Hold on, little ones!" He says. "We have forgotten one thing!"

The kids look around in confusion, as Mikey walks out of the kitchen holding a beautifully decorated cake. "I present to you the lean tower of cakes, Mikey's one of a kind, Birthday Bonanza!"

He sets the cake down as everyone starts singing happy birthday. None of the kids can wipe the smiles off their faces.

It was truly a memorable day.