When the past comes back to haunt them - Part 2 (Raphael)

Why is this happening?

Mona Lisa's scaly lips brush about mine like someone washing a car. I feel completely and utterly sick. I can't move, and Mona is practically brushing my teeth with her tongue. I mean, don't get me wrong, it was nice when we were younger - travelling through space and whatnot - but everything has changed since then. I've moved on, started a family, lived my life as best I can so far. No reptilian ex-girlfriend of mine is going to change that. Besides, if y/n were to ever find out... Shit would go down for real.

Summoning every ounce of strength I have left, I push her off me and race away as fast as I can. I'm not usually one to run from a fight, but this is different. I race as fast as I can, not once turning back to see whether Mona is still behind me or not. As I run, I can hear her voice behind me.

"Raphael..." She calls, almost trying to summon me back to her. "Raphael..."

"Get away from me!" I shout, turning to look behind me. I stop dead in my tracks when I realise she's gone from the docks. I take a moment to catch my breath, panting harder than a racing dog on derby day. I clear my mind, and try to comprehend exactly what just happened.

Suddenly, she appears again, right in front of me. I gasp as we make eye-contact. "You cannot run from the truth, Raphael." She says, making me stand. "You felt this way once, you can feel it again."

I can feel the anger boiling inside me. "No, I can't!" I shout. "Don't you get it, Mona Lisa! Times have changed, and I've moved on! It's about time you do the same!"

She stays silent for a moment, before raising her blaster. "If you do not wish to live the rest of your life with me, then you leave me no choice." I shudder as I hear her blaster powering up. "It pains me to do this Raphael, but you've made your decision."

Panicked, I run away as fast as I can, Mona chasing after me. My heart is pounding through my chest. I've never been more terrified in all of my life. Suddenly, I hear another voice echoing through the void; except this one doesn't give me chills.

"Raph..." It sounds so familiar. "Raphie... Wake up..."

I suddenly find myself starring at the ceiling of my bedroom, with y/n hanging over me. She's shaking me gently. I groan. "Y/n...?"

"You were having a nightmare." She says soothingly. "Everything okay?"

I rest a hand on my head to calm myself. "It was horrible... I was being-- being shot at by lasers and... I was being chased... and oh god it was terrible."

She rests a hand on my plastron as we both lay down on the mattress. "Who was chasing you?"

I turn my head to face her, and swallow a dry lump in my throat. "Mona Lisa."