He's always watching... Part 5

Blade's POV:
Lily and her cousins are sitting near the flowerpots. I've thought very long and hard about what it is I'm going to do, and I know Akiko has as well. She was up all night last night racking her brains for a solution. I, on the other hand, only decided on what I wanted to do this morning.

(Flashback)
Akiko drags the covers off my bed. "Get up!" She hisses. I grumble and roll over. "I mean it, Blade! Up. Now."

I slowly open one eye to see Akiko leaning over me, hands folded across her chest, ticked off look in her eye. "Hey... sis." I manage to grunt.

"Have you figured out what you're going to do?"

I rub one eye. "Huh?"

"About Shredder's little plan." I'm still half asleep, so I have no idea what she's saying. She rolls her eyes. "Shredders little plan to capture the Hamato kids!"

It takes me a moment to process what she's saying. "Oh!" I say. "Yeah, yeah..." I slowly sit up.

"Well?"

I ruffle my hair. "Well what?"

Akiko groans and storms off. What's her problem?

It was at this moment I decided what it was I was going to do.
(Flashback finished)

I walk towards Lily, and tap her on the shoulder. "Hey, Lily..." I say. She turns around, a big cheery smile on her face.

"Oh, hi Blade." She replies cheerfully.

"Listen, can I talk to you for a second?"

"Sure." She replies, not moving.

"...Alone."

"Oh, yeah yeah."

We walk towards a secluded spot in the courtyard, where almost nobody goes. I keep looking back at Lily, to make sure she isn't suspicious of anything - thankfully she wasn't. We sit down at a table.

"What's up?" She asks. I look around to make sure there's no foot soldiers nearby that might be eavesdropping. You'd be surprised how many of those nutcases follow me around - they're like a group of lemmings!

"Uh..." I stutter. She looks at me intently. "D-do you want to come over to my place this afternoon?"

Her eyes widen. "S-sure." She replies. "I'll have to ask my parents first..." I nod as she whips out her phone and vigoriously taps away, composing a text message. "What about the others?"

"Others?" She gestures towards her cousins, minus Jordan who I'm assuming is talking to Akiko for the same reason. "Oh!" I say. "Yeah, they can come too."

Although I'm keeping a pretty calm face, on the inside I am kicking myself. Why am I allowing myself to lead her straight into a trap?! I mean, of course I'll tell her it's a trap BEFORE we get there just to warn her, but still... This isn't right.

"Sweet." She replies. She turns around to look back at her cousins. "I'll see you this afternoon then?"

"Yeah, I'll see you then." She smiles and skips off to join the others. I turn around and mentally slap myself.

Why, Blade? Why are you torturing yourself like this?

Akiko's POV:
I lead Jordan off to the corner. "I want to ask you something." I say. Jordan nods and smiles. "Do you and your cousins want to come over this afternoon?"

He looks a little wide-eyed and reluctant. "Oh... I don't know, Akiko..."

"Please? I haven't had a friend over in ages!"

"I don't know if I should... My parents are very strict on me..."

I give him a sheepish look. "Jordan, I know about your shell. What else have you got to hide?"

He starts to look timid. "It's not that I don't trust you... It's just that..." He glances over at Blade, who is talking to Lily.

"My brother?" I finish. "You don't trust Blade?"

"No, it's not that I don't trust him. It's just that... I barely know him, or you for that matter."

I fold my arms across my chest. "I see you practically everyday, and talk to you everyday in class." He remains unfazed. "But hey, if you don't want to be friends with me you just should have said..."

"No, I want to be your friend!" He interrupts. For a smart kid, he's very naive ...and shy. "I'm just thinking ahead is all."

"Don't you trust me, Jordie?" I tease, gently stroking his face. He whacks my hand away.

"Don't call me that!" He says, a little bit angry. I giggle. "Fine." He finally says. "I'll go, but I don't know about the othe--"

"Great!" I cut him off. "I'll see you this afternoon, then!" I walk away, kind of celebrating, kind of kicking myself.

Jordan's a good guy, and I really like him. So why am I doing this to myself? Of course I'm not ACTUALLY going to lead him and his cousins into the trap - that's just stupid. I'm warning them before we get there, and when we do get there, tell them to run. I don't care if Shredder is going to torture us because of it, I'm not letting five innocent kids die at the mercy of him. I know Mom certainly isn't going to approve, she hates the Hamato's guts like Blade hates spiders (lol). But, I'm the one in charge of the situation here, and I say that nobody is going to die today.

Nobody.