First Patrol (Part 3)

Lily's POV:
My hand quivers as I cover my mouth, lulling my screams. I press my back to the wall and try to make sense of what I've seen.

Blade Oroku - ex-boyfriend and repeat offender in screwing things up - is a villain??? More than that, he's a villain who can't be caught????

Taya looks at me with concern, noticing the look on my face. "What did you see?" She whispers.

I rest a hand on my chest, trying to calm my breathing and prevent myself from having a panic attack. "I... I..." I babble.

Skye stands up with her battle axes at the ready, prepared to face what was around the corner. Taya grabs her arm, and Skye looks at her with a fiery stare. Taya shakes her head at her, and Skye sits back down.

I take a deep breath, and face everyone else. "I know who Excalibur and Banshee are." I whisper.

"Who?" Jordan asks.

I swallow a dry lump in my throat. "Blade and Akiko."

Jordan's POV:
My heart drops to my stomach once Lily mutters those devastating words.

I can suddenly feel my face start to heat up, and my hands grip my staff tightly. I've never felt so fired up before; to know that someone I once associated with, has now gone rogue. I don't know what she's thinking, but she needs to snap out of it. Now.

Matt rests a hand on my shoulder. "You okay, dude?" He asks.

I take a deep breath out. "I'm fine."

Lily's eyes suddenly meet mine, and I know she feels the exact same devastation I do. After all, her relationship lasted longer than mine.

"What do we do, Lil?" Taya asks.

Lily takes a deep breath in, but I'm not sure she's going to let it out. Instead she stands and disappears around the corner, preparing to reach for her Katana.

Lily's POV:
"What do we do, Lil?" Taya asks, looking at me.

I pause for a second, before taking a deep breath in. Swallowing my last ounce of pride, and going against every instinct inside me screaming to run the other way, I stand up and turn the corner.

I draw my Katana blade, and hold it steadily in front of me. "Freeze!" Is all I manage to get out.

Blade and Akiko both jump and spin around, revealing their faces to me. It feels like an eternity before someone says something. Blade suddenly relaxes and draws his own Katana. "Not your average officer, are you?" He teases.

"Stay back." I say, trying to sound threatening. Blade just laughs in my face.

"What are you? A vigilante wannabe?" He chuckles. "What a joke."

"I'm warning you!" I say. "Don't make me use this. I don't want to hurt you."

He relaxes his arm. "Babe, there are two of us, and one of you. You're outnumbered."

I'm suddenly joined by Taya, Skye, Jordan and Matt, each drawing their own weapons. "You were saying?" I reply, raising an eyebrow.

Before he can respond, Taya shoots a blunt arrow at Blade's hand, making him drop his Katana. He shakes it in pain.

Akiko suddenly draws her whip, and prepares to attack us. "No one hurts my brother!" She shouts, making a lunge for Taya.

Jordan suddenly intervene with his Bo Staff, batting away the dagger at the end of the whip like a fly near hot dog. "Care to dance?" He replies smugly.

Akiko grits her teeth, and next thing I know, it's a full on war. Akiko is on Jordan and Skye - who tries her hardest to slice Akiko's whip with her axes, and Blade is on Taya, myself and Matt.

Taya aims her arrows at Blade's arms to weaken his focus, as he bats them away with his sword. Matt tries to throw him off my aiming ninja stars at him, but nothing seems to be working. Finally he turns to me.

Our swords clash with a piercing shing sound, as the metals scrape together. He tries to overpower me, up to the point where our faces are centimetres apart. I can see deep into his gold eyes, and it reminds me of the romance we once shared. Suddenly his eyes widen as his body weakens and he stands up straight, his arm dropping to his side.

"Lily?" He mutters.

Aw, sewer bunnies!