Freedom

Blade's POV:
As I drag myself into school my pounding headache and sick stomach makes me want to collapse. I've never been hung over before, but it's so much worse than what the people in the movies say it is. I can't even remember half the things that happened last night, I was that drunk.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Scarlett Christie, who blows me a kiss. Too drunk to comprehend, I just keep walking. My sister is sitting at a nearby table, so I walk towards her. I drop my bag at the foot of the object and collapse on the top of it, narrowly missing her juice box.

"Do you mind?" She asks rudely.

I turn to face her. "Nope. Not at all." She just groans and takes a sip of her juice box. After a few minutes of an awkward silence, she nudges me.

"I think you've got an admirer." I turn my head to see Scarlett, once again checking me out.

"Why is she so into me all of a sudden?" I ask. "I have a girlfriend anyway."

"I doubt you still do after last night." Akiko mutters quietly.

I sit up. "What do you mean 'after last night'?" I'm starting to worry now. I've heard that when people are drunk they do stupid, crazy and sometimes dangerous things. I'm hoping last night wasn't one of those times.

"You really don't remember?" She asks. I shake my head, and she puts her juice box down and looks me in the eye. "Okay, so last night at Scarlett's party you got really really drunk."

"I know that part." I interrupt.

"And you may or may not have made out with Scarlett in front of Lily." She braces herself for the impact.

I can feel every ounce of life being drained from me second by second. What have I done? "Oh my god..." Is all I can say. "Lily..." I turn around and see Lily sitting with her cousins, looking twice as drained and upset as I am. "I need to talk to her."

"Good luck with that." She replies. "You didn't see how upset she was."

I face her with sad eyes. "How upset?"

"She ran out of the house crying."

My heart breaks in two. I've been trying to think of ways that I can still be with Lily, even though Shredder and Mom are training me to practically slaughter her. This wasn't how I wanted it to go down.

I start walking towards her, hands in my pockets, taking deep breaths, hoping I don't make things worse.

Taya is the first one to spot me, and I instantly see her eyes light up with fire. She approaches me, and for a moment I think she's going to knock me out.

"She doesn't want to see you." She says.

"Please, Taya?" I beg. "I can explain myself."

"Oh, what? How you broke her heart by shoving your tongue down Slutbag's throat?" She replies sassily, folding her arms across her chest.

"I was dangerously drunk, okay?" I sass back.

"Well, who's fault is that?" She replies.

Touché. I think to myself. "Please, just let me talk to her?"

She stares me down for a few moments before sighing. "If you make things worse..."

"Thank you!" I exclaim, walking towards Lily and clearing my throat. "Can we talk?"

Lily's POV:
I've never felt so betrayed in all my life. First he ignores me, then he locks lips with the biggest slut in school? Blade sure knows how to make a girl feel special.

I sit on the table, head hung low, trying to block out the negativity - which isn't working. Skye places a hand on my knee. "You alright, honey?" She asks.

I nod, and she gives me a sympathetic smile. "Boys aren't everything." I say, trying to shrug it off.

Suddenly, I hear someone behind me clear their throat, and I instantly know who it is. "Can we talk?"

I slowly turn around and resist the urge to kick him between the legs. "What do you want?"

"I want to apologise."

"For ignoring me, or for kissing Scarlett?" I reply, annoyed.

"I want to apologise for everything." He says. "For ignoring you, for kissing Scarlett, for being a prick; everything." He takes a deep breath. "This wasn't how I wanted to spend our six month anniversary."

"Yeah well, maybe you can spend it with Scarlett. She seems to be available." I reply, gesturing to Scarlett a few metres away.

"It wasn't what it looked like..."

"Wasn't it?" I reply, holding back tears. "Because the way I see it, it looked like you cheating on me with the biggest slut in school!"

He swallows a lump in his throat. "Are we breaking up?"

I stand up and face him. "Blade, I can't be with someone who I can't trust. You have been ignoring me for weeks, and last night just made it worse."

"Things..." He says, rubbing the back of his neck. "Things are happening at home..."

"That's no excuse." I reply. "If there was something bothering you, then why didn't you talk to me about it? That's what people in relationships do. They trust each other enough to know that they won't judge each other."

"It's... Complicated." He says.

I sigh. "If you trust me, you'll tell me." He shuffles his feet and looks at me with sad eyes. I can feel my heart breaking in two, and once again my entire world is in ruins. "So that's it then? You don't trust me?"

"It's not that I don't trust you... It's complicated."

"Relationships are built on trust." I say, letting a rogue tear fall from my eye. "If there's no trust, there's no point." I get up from the table and start to walk away. "I'm sorry."

"You're breaking up with me?" He says.

I don't reply, I just keep walking, letting all my emotions from the last couple of weeks free. It was like a dam that had overflowed, a tsunami of tears. I couldn't stop. I collapsed in a pool of my own sadness, wishing for the ground to swallow me up.

There's no worse feeling than heartbreak. Especially when you know it's not your fault. I'm going to miss Blade, but I'm no longer a slave to a rocky relationship.

I'm finally free.