The Wedding - Donatello

It's yours and Donnie's big day! You're buzzing with excitement at the thought of you and Donnie finally tying the knot.

Rather than getting ready in April's apartment like the two of the other girls, you decided you'd get ready in your old apartment your parents have owned for years in case you ever needed it or if anyone wanted to rent it out.

You emerge from inside your room wearing your dress. It's got a sweetheart neckline with sheer lace covering the rest of your chest and then ending with little capped sleeves. The bodice is A-line but the rest of the dress just hangs down. The fabric is a beautiful subtle floral pattern, adding a bit of feminism and detail to the dress.

You chose L/GF, R/GF and M/GF as your bridesmaids (Duh!) and Donnie had chosen Raph to be his best man (I have no idea why, but Raph seemed like a good idea).

The bridesmaids dresses you chose were a pale lilac colour, with off the shoulder sleeves and a skirt that came down to the floor.

When the girls see you in your dress they all squeal in excitement. "It looks perfect on you!" M/GF squeals.

"You look ah-mazing!" R/GF added.

"You look like a princess!" L/GF squeaks.

"Thank you!" You say.

R/GF looks at her watch. "Yikes! We're running late! Chop chop ladies!" She says, clapping her hands.

You all rush out to the car waiting on the streets below.

Piling into the car, the chauffeur speeds off up the street towards your destination - a beautiful cathedral near the edge of New York. Only a few minutes into the drive, R/GF taps you on the shoulder. "Hey, Y/n? How come you didn't get ready at April's like L/GF and I? I thought you two were cousins?"

"We are. It's just that..." You sigh. "Stuff happens sometimes."

R/GF just nods and sits back, knowing it's none of her business.

You finally arrive at the cathedral, and you see Donnie standing at the altar. He looks incredibly nervous, but you're too excited to be nervous.

The music starts to play, and the bridesmaids make their way down the aisle, with you following close behind. When you join Donnie at the altar, he can't stop smiling. His tiny gap between his front teeth is showing, and you just find it so adorable! It also reminds you of that time you got your tongue stuck in it, but that's a different story. "You look beautiful, princess." He whispers in your ear. You just blush.

The priest clears his throat. "We are gathered here today, in holy matrimony, to celebrate the marriage of Donatello and Y/n." You try to keep calm, but inside you're screaming with excitement. Donnie looks really nervous, but he's hiding it well.

Finally the priest reaches the "I do's" and you're having a really hard time trying to keep yourself calm. This is all you've wanted for the past 1 and a half year, and now that its happening it seems so surreal. "Do you, Donatello Hamato, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." You swear you heard him let out a sigh of relief the moment the words escaped his mouth.

"Do you, Y/n L/n, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

A great big smile spreads across Donnie's face. "If anyone has any objections towards this decision, speak now or forever hold your peace." You look around, half-expecting April to stand up in the audience and shout: I object! But she just sits there, smiling. Perhaps she really has changed? The priest continues. "Then with the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Donnie leans in and gives you a loving gentle kiss, as the whole audience stands up and cheers. He then leads you down the aisle, now both a very happily married couple.

Fast forward a few hours later, and everyone is seated at a beautiful restaurant near the beach. The trees are all decorated in fairy lights, and it was just beautiful. Everyone is sitting down enjoying their meals, when April stands up and taps her glass to get everyone's attention. "I'd just like to propose a toast to Donnie and his beautiful wife, Y/n." Everyone raises their glasses and says:

"To Y/n and Donnie!"

April continues. "I'd just like to say that Y/n looks absolutely beautiful tonight. She looks like a princess and deserves to be treated like one." She looks at you and smiles. "I know that Donnie will be good to her, and treat her with the respect she deserves. May they have a long and amazing marriage." She then sits down, as Raph stands up.

"As the best man," Oh here we go... You think to yourself. "I'd just like to say a few words." He clears his throat. "They met at the science museum. Ironically they bonded over elements of the periodic table, which lead them to spend the rest of the day together. Things sort of expanded from there. Next minute, Donnie's down on one knee in the TCRI abandoned laboratory, and here we are." Everyone smiles at looks at Donnie who is blushing extremely hard. "I know they're going to have a long and beautiful marriage together, and I wish them well." He then sits down.

The music starts playing and everyone heads off towards the dance floor. You get up and drag Donnie towards it too, he very reluctantly follows. His dancing reminds you of the time that you two went crazy to Footloose by Kenny Loggins.
Suddenly the music slows down and starts playing Your Song by Elton John. You squeal with excitement as this is yours and Donnie's song. You two quietly slow dance together until the music stops. Donnie quietly whispers in your ear: "I love you princess."

"I love you too."